Intel Issues SSD Firmware Fix for Data Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
[citation][nom]MrCommunistGen[/nom]This article is stating that the firmware fix has been released, not that Intel was telling people that the halted shipments were due to a firmware bug...[/citation]

Not sure of the confusion... That's what the article is about.

It was previously reported and wide known that the shipments were paused due to this firmware issue.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]midnightgun[/nom]Not sure of the confusion... That's what the article is about.It was previously reported and wide known that the shipments were paused due to this firmware issue.[/citation]

I agree, the previous article stated the shipments were halted due to the bug, it also says it in this article too

Late last month Intel paused shipments of its new 34-nm X25-M G2 solid state drives due to a bug

Not sure what the confusuon is...

Anyhoo, when the price is about a quarter of what they are now they may become worth the money. Performance is good, but then so is the latest Ferrari compared to my car, price is just too high.

rcpratt

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
They are perfectly "worth the money" now, although prices are sure to keep falling. I'm sure that any X25-M G2 user will tell you that they do not regret the money they spent one bit.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Turns out the benchmarking utility was wonky, if benchmarking cannot work accurately with SSDs then it is all down to perception. Anyhow, I really like the idea of SSDs and the Intel or the OCZ drives look pretty sweet. Quarter the price and I will be a big-time adopter.

G

I've seen benchmarks of the new firmware suggesting a dramatic drop in write performance. Might want to wait for a while before upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.