News Intel Lakefield CPU Benchmarks Show Promising Performance

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
While it will be good to wait till official reviews on this chip to determine how good/ bad it is, given the current performance against the Snapdragon SOC, it is not looking that great. Sure the 3D Mark performance seems to be better, but realistically, a 7W processor can barely deliver good gaming performance even at the lowest graphic settings. The same goes for Cinebench. Battery life and price will likely be a critical factor.

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
While it will be good to wait till official reviews on this chip to determine how good/ bad it is, given the current performance against the Snapdragon SOC, it is not looking that great. Sure the 3D Mark performance seems to be better, but realistically, a 7W processor can barely deliver good gaming performance even at the lowest graphic settings. The same goes for Cinebench. Battery life and price will likely be a critical factor.
I don't expect my golf cart to run 200mph in a runway attack race, and i don't expect my low powered tablet / laptop to run games. So gaming or playing the most popular game Cinebench are not what systems running this CPU are for. The original Cray 1 was terrible at word processing.

johnrhenle

Commendable
Dec 14, 2017
Assuming they can actually make them, this will make an excellent chip for a new round of $100 Windows tablets to help Intel pad the number of processors shipped in the fourth quarter this year. Maybe a new compute stick, too. Anything to pump up the number of 10nm processors sold.