Info INTEL Launches its first 10th Generation 10nm CPUs !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Hello,

OC3D actually posted an article, so I just thought of sharing this here at the FORUM as well. Some new info on INTEL's upcoming CPUs has been leaked. I will just quote their text here.

https://newsroom.intel.com/news/int...fining-next-era-laptop-experiences/#gs.swk3j4

Intel has officially launched its first 10th generation Core processors, revealing 11 10nm SKUs which are designed for sub-30W power draw in slim 2-in-1 notebook designs. These are Intel's first commercially available 10nm processors.

While Intel's product launch is today, the company has confirmed that system availability isn't expected from PC manufacturers until 2019's Holiday Season, making this a paper launch. Some OEMs may ship 10nm systems early, but not in large quantities.

These new processors all make use of Intel's 10nm manufacturing process, the company's Gen11 graphics (which support VESA Adaptive Sync) and the company's next-generation Sunny Cove core architecture. These processors are code-named Ice Lake. Intel has further confirmed that there will be "additional products in the 10th Gen Intel Core mobile processor family" which will target "increased productivity and performance scaling for demanding, multithreaded workloads". Intel has not stated whether or not these higher-end processors will utilise 10nm, only that they will feature "performance scaling for demanding, multithreaded workloads".

One of Intel's newest features with Ice Lake is support for Integrated Thunderbolt 3, WiFi 6 and support for AVX 512 and AI Inference instructions. This is a first for an Intel mobile platform.

https://newsroom.intel.com/news/int...fining-next-era-laptop-experiences/#gs.swk3j4

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cp...s_its_first_10th_generation_10nm_processors/1

01091641179s.jpg

Reactions: Quanticriver

JaSoN_cRuZe

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
I'm still waiting with my 3570K, my processor doesn't die on me and still rocks. I will upgrade if it dies or i get some nice offers from Ryzen this holiday season.

Although Ryzen seems to be tempting i hope Intel comes back with 10nm soon since it is so reliable and proven it's worth from time to time.

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
You likely dont want a powerful MacBook.

My quote in my sig comes in handy here.
Awe come on, you thought I do actual work on my MacBook "Pro". Just kidding, but you're right, the model I have hits 90C before increasing the fan speed, but if it does stay there for any amount of time more than a couple seconds it will jet dry my legs with 100% fan curve. Arctic MX4 goes a long way though.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I'd say it looks about right. Gotta figure most steam users are workin Sims and CSGO etc on quad core cpus and 2Gb gpus. Most aren't using uber gaming machines. In the Indo-Asiatic areas lga1155 and FX is still extremely common, as is 6/7 gen gpus, a considerable percentage, as prices for Haswell, Maxwell and newer are outrageous.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
I think 1080p/60 Hz is still one of the most widely used and a popular screen Resolution in Gaming....2K/4K still don't have a large user base.

Btw, can we trust this hardware survey ?

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam

Steam Survey is a good indicator. Not perfect and not useful for the normal consumer but a very close representation for PC Gaming. I mean who games on a PC and NEVER uses Steam? Almost no one.

Its about as close as we can get unless Microsoft starts one which would probably be more accurate.

InvalidError

Titan
Most aren't using uber gaming machines. In the Indo-Asiatic areas lga1155 and FX is still extremely common, as is 6/7 gen gpus, a considerable percentage, as prices for Haswell, Maxwell and newer are outrageous.
I'd say prices are still outrageous in general, not just in APAC. Higher prices three years ago for performance already attainable at a lower price seven years ago is awful. Moore's law used to be that we get double whatever we used to get for a given price every 18 months. After 2010 or so, it has become ~90 months.

Steam Survey is a good indicator. Not perfect and not useful for the normal consumer but a very close representation for PC Gaming. I mean who games on a PC and NEVER uses Steam? Almost no one.

Its about as close as we can get unless Microsoft starts one which would probably be more accurate.

Thanks...Yeah, that indeed makes sense.

Gotta figure most steam users are workin Sims and CSGO etc on quad core cpus and 2Gb gpus.

I think CSGO has always been the most popular games on STEAM. And now with the BATTLE Royale online craze, PUBG and DOTA 2 have also taken the top spots.

I don't understand that. Dota 2 is like one of those crappy mobile games you always see ads for.

It free and runs on anything, but its boring to me.

That's the trend these days. It's not only DOTA, but even other games like PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Realm Royal, COD: Blackout, and other similar ONLINE/MP BATTLE Royale Games are getting very popular.

I only play SINGLE PLAYER story Mode games...Never played an online MP game though.

But a lot of gamers have now jumped to the BATTLE Royale/BR bandwagon lately. And, CSGO has ALWAYS been on the top list, IMO......I still wonder what's the FUN in playing "Death Matches"" ? More and more Game Developers are also investing in BR games.

I want games to have a strong strong story line, emotion and immersion though. But I mostly play first-person shooters like COD (first 3 games), DOOM, QUAKE 4, CRYSIS, FAR CRY series, Solder of fortune, Battlefield (older game titles), and other similar FPS.

Sorry for going OFF TOPIC though.....Back to INTEL CPUs..I'm planning to buy a Intel Gaming Laptop though.... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Well, yes and no.

In gta my cpu does hold my gpu back and unfortunately does stutter, however i can get between 70and 85 fps most of the time, so its mainly only stutter i notice. Giving my cpu a bump to 3.7 smoothed things out a little.

On most games I always play with high settings while trying for 60fps. Because of this, in a lot of the games i play the gpu and cpu are decently balanced.

When i saw the sapphire 480 for just $89 refurbished i had to jump on it. It really improved fps and didnt cost me much as i sold my 1050 locally for $75 on fb marketplace.
The flashing into a 580 was rather time consuming surprisingly and does cause either my psu or gpu to whine under load. I had to raise the power limits and voltage to max in msi afterburnern for stability.

That's the trend these days. It's not only DOTA, but even other games like PUBG, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Realm Royal, COD: Blackout, and other similar ONLINE/MP BATTLE Royale Games are getting very popular.

I only play SINGLE PLAYER story Mode games...Never played an online MP game though.

But a lot of gamers have now jumped to the BATTLE Royale/BR bandwagon lately. And, CSGO has ALWAYS been on the top list, IMO......I still wonder what's the FUN in playing "Death Matches"" ? More and more Game Developers are also investing in BR games.

I want games to have a strong strong story line, emotion and immersion though. But I mostly play first-person shooters like COD (first 3 games), DOOM, QUAKE 4, CRYSIS, FAR CRY series, Solder of fortune, Battlefield (older game titles), and other similar FPS.

Sorry for going OFF TOPIC though.....Back to INTEL CPUs..I'm planning to buy a Intel Gaming Laptop though.... :)

Online MP games have always been popular. It wasn't just a few years ago that TF2 was still one of the top MP games on Steam and honestly I feel its still better than most as there is a balance the others still don't meet. Plus one is made by a greedy PoS company.

The off topic aside, Intels mobile has been really good. While on desktop they are not doing as well their mobile still is and they have been more innovative than most anyone. Ultra Books and 2 in 1s are designs Intel came up with. The only downside though is that the CPU is now soldered to the board. Its great that it allows for smaller and more compact designs but sucks as you can no longer upgrade the CPU in a laptop.

Reactions: TCA_ChinChin
None other. I used to play TF2 all the time. Love the classes and balance. A good player can pick up most any class and play and a pro can dominate with any class. No single class is massively ahead of the others. I also love the back story they were given. Comedic gold.

And it has the most hours played for myself, however they are low as most hours were pre-time keeping by Steam.

TRENDING THREADS