News Intel Launches Xeon-E 2200 Processors For Servers

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Huh. I didn't think this was news. I've certainly known about the E-2288G for a while. I'm hoping they'll do like a E-2290G, that's equivalent to the i9 9900KS.

According to this, it was launched back in Q2: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...eon-e-2288g-processor-16m-cache-3-70-ghz.html

It's funny that they call it a "server" chip, since it's derived from their mainstream desktop chips and it has an iGPU. A lot of server boards have a BMC and therefore have no need for an iGPU.

AnybodyM

Reputable
Sep 10, 2019
The CPU was launched but not available. Some workstation vendors with good connections were able to get hold of one I think. CPU is still not available on the open market - several months after being introduced. This is really shameful for Intel. Introducing something and then not delivering AT ALL.

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
CPU is still not available on the open market - several months after being introduced. This is really shameful for Intel. Introducing something and then not delivering AT ALL.
I actually did notice they were difficult to source, but I thought that might just be Intel's strategy no longer to sell the bare CPUs through retail channels.

AMD does not sell individual Ryzen Pro CPUs, for instance, much to the disappointment of the DIY NAS market.

TRENDING THREADS