Intel M.2 DC S3500 Enterprise SSD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elrabin

Distinguished
May 1, 2013
Does pci-e even support hotswap? if not what are you gonna do stop server just to change a failed drive?

Dell has had two generations of servers with hotswap NVMe PCIe SSDs, so very much so yes it does. They occupy the same front access bays that normal SAS/SATA drives would, just different back end connectivity.

According to the PCI-SIG M.2 specs it's not intended for hot-plug! The M.2 connector contacts have an extremely small pitch, making hot-plug “impossible”. Ground pins are not extended, as on larger form factors.

odiebugs

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015
Really? Go read the review on Tom's IT Pro website? No thanks, I'll pass. This is Tom's Hardware. Why are you trying to pump your other site?
Really? Go read the review on Tom's IT Pro website? No thanks, I'll pass. This is Tom's Hardware. Why are you trying to pump your other site?

odiebugs

Reputable
Jul 29, 2015

Tom's hardware is operated by the same people as Tom's IT pro, which is an enterprise site and Tom's hardware is a consumer site.

So basically, there not promoting a different site.

Status
Not open for further replies.