[SOLVED] Intel Management Engine FW Update Utility help

J-Po

Reputable
Feb 16, 2021
Hi folks,

I recently bought a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga L13 with Windows 10 and I keep getting a pop up from Lenovo Vantage telling me Lenovo recommends a firmware update.

After I click on "ok," I get a second pop up that tells me to make sure my laptop is plugged in, charged, everything is saved, and don't let it go to sleep. Then it says:

-confirm "intel(R) Management Engine Components" is installed in your system

I have no idea what that is or how to go about figuring out if this is installed in my system.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks so much,
Jenny

Solution
Intel Management Engine Interface is used by PC to talk to the chipset and perhaps handle power management.
its driver name is Teedriver

Download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

look for teedriver, it might have more initials such as windows version although driver view will also tell you what name of driver is in the description field.
image below just example of what driver view looks like
W26SRyM.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
Intel Management Engine Interface is used by PC to talk to the chipset and perhaps handle power management.

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

look for teedriver, it might have more initials such as windows version although driver view will also tell you what name of driver is in the description field.
W26SRyM.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Hi folks,

I recently bought a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga L13 with Windows 10 and I keep getting a pop up from Lenovo Vantage telling me Lenovo recommends a firmware update.

After I click on "ok," I get a second pop up that tells me to make sure my laptop is plugged in, charged, everything is saved, and don't let it go to sleep. Then it says:

I have no idea what that is or how to go about figuring out if this is installed in my system.

Thanks so much,
Jenny
In the search box type......control
Click on control panel.
Click on programs.
Do you see the management engine?

J-Po

Reputable
Feb 16, 2021
Hi folks,

Thanks so much,
Jenny

W26SRyM.jpg

Thank you!!

I do see "Intel(R) Management Engine Inferface" which I'm assuming is the same thing as "Intel(R) Management Engine Components?"

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm not that computer saavy and I really don't want to mess up my fancy new computer :)

TRENDING THREADS