Intel May Release Core i7 975 in Early April

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Meh, the 965 costs $1200 CAD which in itself is ridiculous and too high for most people. Sometimes having the best and fastest doesn't matter if the prices are too high for most people.

joejamesatou

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Can we get some more on the last line!?!?

"Intel also plans to ship six Core 2 Quad processors next month."

That's it? No further explanation?

Even at $53 I can't imagine the Celeron E1600 being too usefull except in something like a low power basic internet machine or media server. Unless that Celeron overclocks really well then AMD would certainly be a better choice for the budget gamer as would spending a little more to move up to the Intel Pentium series. That has to be a misprint on the E7600 though. I mean only $84?! I guess we'll see.

DOH! That BIG RED SUBMIT BUTTON means SUBMIT COMMENTS! NOT PREVIEW YOUR COMMENT!

Okay, I KNOW NOW!

Maybe this is an Intel April fools joke? Then again, I guess some people would be considered fools to spend this kind of money on a CPU. I say good for you if you can! All my money will be going to therapy!

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]Megamanx00[/nom]Even at $53 I can't imagine the Celeron E1600 being too usefull except in something like a low power basic internet machine or media server. Unless that Celeron overclocks really well then AMD would certainly be a better choice for the budget gamer as would spending a little more to move up to the Intel Pentium series. That has to be a misprint on the E7600 though. I mean only $84?! I guess we'll see.[/citation]
The celeron's from the core lineup do overclock really well. If it's anything similar to the current dualcore celerons, you'll see one of the easiest 100% overclocks in the market.

Mucke

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
I will wait for the Phenom II X4 955. It might not be that fast but price/performance is much better for sure :)

Such prices only mean that there is to little competition on the market. By the way, the Core i7 is smaller than the C2Quad, so it is probably cheaper to produce. Just a thought...

G

So they basically took their existing flagship, increased the multiplier by one(which the user could've done themselves since it's unlocked), and now they are trying to drop it like it's hot? Lame.

G

130W TDP is very close to the 140W TDP limit.
It'll need a massive fan will it be cooled by aircooling!

So, with the 975 at the exact price point of the current 965, and the 950 at the price point of the current 940, are there any price drops for the 965 and 940, or will they just sit at the exact same price as the 975 and 950, making them completely pointless buys?

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
did intel just decide to screw the dual core market? (BESIDES the C2D lineup) i mean, alot of mainstream gamers arent gonna wanna get a fullfledged quad core system for the new Core i7 platform. why not make a dual core i7? that would be pretty swwweeeetttttt:)

mtyermom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
[citation][nom]rambo117[/nom]did intel just decide to screw the dual core market? (BESIDES the C2D lineup) i mean, alot of mainstream gamers arent gonna wanna get a fullfledged quad core system for the new Core i7 platform. why not make a dual core i7? that would be pretty swwweeeetttttt[/citation]

maybe they'll realease a dual core i5 or i3?

jfurterer

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
Allot of people bash the "extreme" series chips for their price, but they are more a marketing ploy then anything else, "This is the BEST". Then anything that share's it's name "Core i7" is related to the "The BEST". Not to mention the sweet margin they do make on every one they happen to sell to extreme buyers. However the good news is these new releases will likely force the current released chips' prices down, which forces AMD's chip prices down in order to compete. All it all it's always good when a new release comes out as the existing stuff usually, not always, but usually gets cheaper!

jfurterer

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]rambo117[/nom]did intel just decide to screw the dual core market? (BESIDES the C2D lineup) i mean, alot of mainstream gamers arent gonna wanna get a fullfledged quad core system for the new Core i7 platform. why not make a dual core i7? that would be pretty swwweeeetttttt[/citation]

I believe dual core market for Intel's product line up currently code named "Clarkdale" which will be built on the 32nm process "Westmere" is the next release of Dual-Core chips. I don't believe there will be a Nehalem based dual core as Nehalem and the Core i7 and i5(also Quad Core) is Intel's platform for pushing quad core's completely main stream and not just the enthusiast and server markets. However it's important to note that the Dual-Core "Westmere" 32nm chips will be targeted at more mainstream and budget desktop PCs rather then higher performance gaming rigs. Also the gaming industry is likely going to see a big push towards utilization of multi-threaded applications and having more cores may begin to significantly impact game performance.

Fusion777

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
People love to whine. The i7 920 serves the speed needs of most handily. If not, overclock it to 3.6GHz+ on stock coolers. There you go now you blow away an i7 975. How freakin awesome is that? ps. Thanks AMD for all those bus innovations. Maybe they called it the extreme edition just for the extreme complainers to have something to talk about? :)

sportshopdirect

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Wow... I had to register to this forum just to post this comment. This really goes to show how gullible people really are and how you CANT believe everything you read in forums, from which are written from people where 95% of them know little or nothing about what they are posting.

So consider what we have here... two total no name sites that nobody has ever heard of and because of them alone, there is all this hype online about how Intel might be realeasing their chips early. OMG, how STUPID can you guys honestly be? And these two non-US companies know exactly what they are doing... if you have noticed, they changed their dates from the 7th, to the 20th, to now the 29th.

Let this be a lesson to anyone new to forums that 95% of people are here believe whatever they read...

Status
Not open for further replies.