News Intel Meteor Lake CPUs' Integrated Graphics are 33 Percent Faster Than Prior Gen, Linux Benchmarks Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjfatl

Reputable
Apr 15, 2020
I don't do gaming. For the last PC I bought I used it for a few months before buying a decent graphics card.
I didn't get a lot for the $600 I spent on the card. For most PC users, better IGP gets rid of the need of buying a video card. I am running 2 4K monitors.
For me, power consumption is a big concern. It's not so much the cost of the power, but I don't want my office heating up in the summer with the PC acting as a heater.

TSMC is a great asset for all of us. It will be interesting to see what happens when Intel begins offering real competition to TSMC in the next 2 to 3 years. The results are likely to make all of us happier.

Amdlova

Distinguished
I don't do gaming. For the last PC I bought I used it for a few months before buying a decent graphics card.
I didn't get a lot for the $600 I spent on the card. For most PC users, better IGP gets rid of the need of buying a video card. I am running 2 4K monitors.
For me, power consumption is a big concern. It's not so much the cost of the power, but I don't want my office heating up in the summer with the PC acting as a heater.

TSMC is a great asset for all of us. It will be interesting to see what happens when Intel begins offering real competition to TSMC in the next 2 to 3 years. The results are likely to make all of us happier.
Get a used 13500t on ebay :) will do all you need and it's cheap

kjfatl

Reputable
Apr 15, 2020
Already have i7-12700k @ 3.6GHZ and Radeon RX 6800XT. I'm good with this PC for at least 5 years. I have thought of getting a faster processor to drop in to the Z690 motherboard, but don't see the need.

This was a great upgrade for the Skylake based PC in replaced.

Next purchase will be some sort of laptop.

Reactions: cyrusfox
Status
Not open for further replies.