News Intel Meteor Lake Leak Points to Windows 12 Support

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
The only reason I still used Windows in the past was compatbility.

But I have now switched to Linux Mint for most things, because installing Windows increasingly feels like you're installing malware and spyware.

A lot of technology on a PC nowadays is platform agnostic, so software compatibility is less and less of an issue.

Browsing the web is fully platform agnostic with HTML, CSS and JS. Netflix doesn't give a damn which platform you're on.

Gaming is increasingly platform agnostic with Steam, Proton, Vulkan and Wine. Cloud gaming does not give a damn which platform you are on either.

If there is something I need Windows for, I can just use my Shadow Cloud account and just run Windows in the cloud. I don't need the actual OS on my PC.

I see no reason to use Windows anymore, it has become a bloated mess with telemetry, spyware, constant idiocy where MS pushes Edge and Bing. I used to be pretty agnostic towards Window. But since Windows 8 I have increasingly started to really hate Windows, it's just bloatware and spyware at this point.

Last edited:

kiniku

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009

But I have now switched to Linux Mint for most things, because installing Windows increasingly feels like you're installing malware and spyware.

A lot of technology on a PC nowadays is platform agnostic, so software compatibility is less and less of an issue.

Browsing the web is fully platform agnostic with HTML, CSS and JS. Netflix doesn't give a damn which platform you're on.

Gaming is increasingly platform agnostic with Steam, Proton, Vulkan and Wine. Cloud gaming does not give a damn which platform you are on either.

If there is something I need Windows for, I can just use my Shadow Cloud account and just run Windows in the cloud. I don't need the actual OS on my PC.

I see no reason to use Windows anymore, it has become a bloated mess with telemetry, spyware, constant idiocy where MS pushes Edge and Bing. I used to be pretty agnostic towards Window. But since Windows 8 I have increasingly started to really hate Windows, it's just bloatware and spyware at this point.

Congratulations. You're .00005% of PC owners.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006

I am about to be in the same boat as you.
I am currently using Windows 10 but I think after this version I am done with Windows.
Incorporating that stupid AI into the OS so heavily is the final nail in the coffin.

Steam really changed things for me when they came out with the Steam deck. They helped me realize just how unimportant it is to have Windows for games these days.

For anything legacy that requires Windows I can spin up a VM and get it done then turn it back off.

rluker5

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2014
Interesting on a couple fronts if true. The rumors sound pretty sure Meteor Lake S is cancelled (or I'm mixing up my rumors, one of the two).
Was MTL-S ever any more than a rumor?
I've only ever seen references to it with an integrated SOC. Those only exist on mobile.
Can't cancel a rumor.