Intel, Microsoft, 95 Other Tech Companies Sign Brief Challenging Immigration Ban

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Farland_

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
Trump Stupid policy has one positive outcome ...

will make the ordinary American people KNOW how many Arab Muslim Scientists exist in USA and will make the Zionist Propaganda that the Muslims are barbaric people who never did anything to humanity and never contributed to science fade away ...

All thank to Allah from their Attacks we will win at the end.

Haters will still hate but no one cares .. most people are normal and not haters but are mislead and brainwashed .

Question, who is WE?

Farland_

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

Answer : Arab Muslims.

DownwithEA

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
I honestly didn't even know what game that was. It never says anything and why would I click on that ANNOYING thing to find out. Tom's you make me not want to come back.

Farland_

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

where did they learn to code ?

where are you living ? under a rock ?

Iraq and Syria and Iran have very good education. actually Microsoft Hired Iraqi Coders to do their Arabization of Microsoft windows and Microsoft Office . The rest countries I dont know , so no offence not talking about them.

Right to left Language input was made By Iraqi Arab coders way before Microsoft made their Products Multi Language. to the Point that an Iraqi Company sued Microsoft for stealing their codes . (After the Iraqi war in the 1990's , Many Coders left to USA and used their codes there )

Now MS earns Billions from 400 million Arabs who are buying their Arabized Products With Arabic Support.

One thing I hate about USA invasions of other countries , they dont only destroy that country to stone age .. no , they allow your kinds to bluff about "where did they learn to code".

Disgusting

and one other thing I hate , they end up taking the Talents of the country they destroyed . Like they did with German scientists after WW2, Iraqi Scientists After Iraq war , and now they are stealing Syrian Scientists.

oh and Trumpy is so DUMM he does not want Syrian Talents... (Steve Jobs was half Syrian Arab)

People Love USA but they hate the US Government.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Because politics sometimes affects tech. When it does, that's news. Tech news.

You can't hide from politics, forever. If enough people try to ignore politics, a few will take power and do stuff you don't like.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Given the countries involved I'd be far more worried about the possibility of backdoor exploits could create and exploit...it's not as if you hear about the CEO's from these companies vacationing in any of those countries.

The bigger news story will be if political bents become more supreme than law. If so it will impact the laws that supposedly govern this nation. Nothing about the temporary hold put in place by POTUS was illegal and it's not for the lower judges to really rule upon in contradiction. Not only that, states don't have a legal foothold to bring suit against the federal government which is exactly what they're attempting to do.

No telling what false stories have come about in addition to ones already exposed as nothing more than fiction. Like the one man who claimed the ban caused his mother to die because she was denied coming to the U.S. until an imam came out and corrected the story. Pointing out the man's mother did in fact die but weeks prior to the temporary ban being put in place so was completely irrelevant and unrelated.

Hopefully any claims by these tech companies are fully investigated to prevent false narratives. It's not as if this is becoming permanent law, it's a temporary restriction and completely legal. A couple of states acting without a legal foothold don't dictate federal law and are dealing with things above their pay grade. Those who oppose POTUS and believe they can do better are welcome to run for president. Elections are every 4 years and this last election has proven that even common people without a history in politics can, through diligence and hard work, obtain the position.

Not really a surprise though that tech companies would choose to back their political agenda. I wouldn't expect companies who refused to help the government to investigate a terrorist act to do anything else except try to keep the doors wide open for terrorist hotbeds. It's not as if they pretend to hide where their allegiance lies.

WRXSTIGuy

Reputable
Jul 8, 2014
This problem goes far deeper. If you randomly pick an engineering graduate school, majority of those students are international students. The reason for this is over the last 2-3 decades, being an engineer or scientist does not pay off. Why should someone spend 8-10 years in college with the stress of putting up with dictator professors when people are making more money selling trinkets on Amazon. I am a scientist and spent 10 years in college. If i had to do it all over again I would have learned a trade and started a small business.

I really wish tech companies would just stay away from politics. Gaming has already been dragged kicking and screaming into it and it has not made it better. All it does is divide people. Hell I can't even tell you how many people have stopped talking to friends or family because of their political views.

It is utterly stupid to involve politics in anything outside of politics and will do nothing more than destroy what is involved in it.

Last thing I want is a memo in my next CPU box telling me how they feel about "X".

Unfortunately, legislating from the bench is a problem and has been for a while now... AND... so far they haven't been called on the carpet for it. Fortunately, it isn't widespread.

Farland_

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017

one last thing I want to say ... whats stopping you from starting a small business ? you dont need to study trade to open a small business ...

you are building imaginary walls .. if you want to start something , just do it . dont say "I did not study trade"

the Majority of successful business men never studied trade ... you can be both a scientist and a business man.

svan71

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yeah the party they support runs the education system that graduates snowflakes who don't know their ass from their elbow while Intel, Microsoft, 95 Other Tech Companies hire immigrants and save billions.

Status
Not open for further replies.