Intel Moves Nehalem to ULV for Ultra-Thin Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I have a feeling they're aiming at confusing the consumer like nvidia does by inventing a gazillion of models of the same chip and cutting random features without any system.

descendency

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
Honestly, with the shift of many products from Low voltage to full voltage and ultra-low voltage to full voltage, I wonder how much longer CULV and CLV chips will be relevant.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
"but with the new processors inside, users will see faster response times and less waiting."
Yeah until MS releases more bloatware.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]AMD really needs to get to work on there mobile processor lines...[/citation]
Their going to come out with there new processors as soon as they're schedule allows.

gfg

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2005
AMD needs update the mobile processor to survive in the mobile market and for customers who need lower prices and better performance. Intel is priced too high, but has the crown on the bench.
It's what I think...

SuckRaven

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
What if the laptop was NOT 32% thinner so I can break it just by looking at it wrong, but still stayed stylish/elegant, and omg, had better airflow/cooling because the thinness of the laptop did not scale with the 32nm process. Just a thought.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I hate to do this but...
@apache_lives: their
"There" is neither close to their or they're.

@lamorpa: they're or they are (first part)
their (second part)
How did you get these mixed up?? I'm confused. It's almost like you do it on purpose.

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]I hate to do this but...@apache_lives: their"There" is neither close to their or they're.@lamorpa: they're or they are (first part)their (second part)How did you get these mixed up?? I'm confused. It's almost like you do it on purpose.[/citation]

He did it on purpose. Lamorpa was clearly mocking the guy he quoted.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
@insider3: 'mocking' is a strong word. Just poking fun and trying to raise awareness about there/their/they're usage. It's pretty basic.

Back to the subject - I wonder how Intel determines they allow laptops to be '32% slimmer'?

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]pei-chen[/nom]Notebooks are getting stonger everyday.[/citation]

I hope notebooks get stronger AND extraordinary. I'd hate to have a stronger notebook, but it was just ordinary (everyday). I hope for this every day.

bogcotton

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]How did you get these mixed up?? I'm confused. It's almost like you do it on purpose.[/citation]

Sarcasm!?

I need that algorithm right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.