Intel Network teaming

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hi,

I have windows 10 including the update from last Thursday. I have an intel network controller Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection. Well when I click on the teaming tab all of the options are greyed out. Can anyone tell me how to restore these features and get teaming to work again. I tried the powershell command but it did not work.

Thanks

Kinnyr900

Solution

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

I got these From station Drivers it's called. and it has teaming but the options are greyed out. Let me ask why would it matter where I got the drivers as long as it has teaming and is compatable with Windows 10. Could you maybe send me a link to the drivers that will work and will not have the teaming section all greyed out?

Thanks a Bunch

So what you are saying is that the station drivers that I got will not work with teaming even thought they are for windows 10 but the ones from intels site will work?

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Yeah that's true about the Pharmacy Part of your comment I will get the intel drivers from there site. The ones from Gigabyte which is the motherboard that I have people recommend taking the software/drivers for my intel nic from there. However they do not have teaming in there software. Yes and I have both network controllers that support teamin Cause I'm using the same adapters that I used in windows 7 and when I clicked on the teaming tab they worked for windows 7.

Kinnyr900

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

Okay I uninstalled the drivers from a software called revo uninstaller pro and it also get's entries that are leftover registry entries as well. So it's a pretty thourough uninstall. I will let you know if installing the new drivers from the link that you sent me worked or not.

Thank you!

Hi Again

I installed the new drivers and before I installed them it said There is an issue with Microsoft Windows 10 that prevents the intel advanced teaming network service feature from working correctly. You may install the feature although you will be unable to create teams and vlans. So I would assume from this message here that teaming for this particular Intel nic card is not supported by windows 10 and I have the latest windows 10 build as the update came out l;ast thursday and I have it. 1155 or something Like that.

NerdIT

Distinguished

Seems like you are going to have to wait for a patch :(

Solution

KilauOne

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
This is a known problem at Intel and Microsoft. With its lovely (sarcasm) 1151 patch to Windows 10, Microsoft removed support for Intel ANS teams and VLANs. Intel says it is working with Microsoft to remedy the problem, but the only way it can be fixed is a patch or Hotfix for Windows 10 by Microsoft.

The most recent information from Intel is that the controller on the NIC (Intel 82576EB) "does not pass the Microsoft WHQL certifications required for a full featured driver from Intel". So people who had link aggregation before 1151 are stuck with a basic driver that does not support teaming.

Intel has been updating a thread about this on their forums - I211/I217-V Windows 10 LACP teaming fails

Unfortunately, since the people who use this feature are such a minority, I do not think Microsoft will ever bother patch/Hotfix the issue. Easier to ignore a few users and force them to buy new hardware.

Andrew_257

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
well go look at the original intel communities tread with the people posting from last night and this morning saying it works..... sorry I was just excited that a feature that myself and others were desperately waiting for to upgrade to windows 10 to get fixed, I figured I was helping by sharing it with people. If anyone were to download an unofficial driver they should run a virus scan.... that's just common sense
Not to worry if I have it now Intel will release it themselves eventually, I just thought I would share it with the people in the threads talking about it since their has been mentions that it won't be supported at all in windows 10.
why you assume I've repackaged something is beyond me but it's a leaked driver, I don't want to say who or how I got it but it works. scan it for viruses and run it on an isolated test rig if you want. It works and it's legit.... you're welcome

TRENDING THREADS