Intel Offers Peek at Working Sandy Bridge PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
These are all amazing products. They include some ideas that were initially deployed first by AMD, remember, in those days when AMD processors were the fastest on this planet. Yeah, those days when AMD could not gain the market share they would deserve, because of outright bullying from intel...
I mean integrated memory controller and amd64.

Hell, I don't need that much computing power anyway. Most of us don't.
I'll never buy intel again anyway.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Ryun[/nom]Man, I've having such a hard time keeping up with all these code names.[/citation]

The beauty is that you don't need to. The important message is that the next generation of chips from intel was on demo. No point in remembering the code names. Make a chart if you really need to.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Yeah...processor's pet names can be difficult to remember. BTW can someone tell what is the main reason behind the naming schemes? Once, I heard that processor names were taken from places near to their CPU Factories? Can someone confirm that?

mash5

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ceteras[/nom]Hell, I don't need that much computing power anyway. Most of us don't. I'll never buy intel again anyway.[/citation]

Good for you. Most of us, IT guys, actually can use any MIPS addition that can be squeezed out of the CPU.

Don't buy Intel, for God's sake, but it was Intel who invented the x86 series anyway. AMD only made it better, up to the point where Intel actually recover from its lethargic sleep around 2003 with Core and Core2 CPUs. Even before that, it was obvious that having the best technology without proper manufacture process is not gonna make your company profitable. And you, my friend, can stick to Defectrons (Tripod-Opterons) if you like. I prefer a non-defective working CPU with the top performance for my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.