Intel or amd for video editing.

L3salt

Prominent
Apr 7, 2017
Hello there my people, I know thus is a heated topic but I was just wondering for my new pc I'm building what cpu should I focus running this build around. I will be doing Twitch streaming, video editing and yes playing the latest title games... As well as some of the less demanding games. Was just wondering seeing most of my ficus will be on the editing and streaming, I'm happy with just reaching 60 fps, which cpu should I buy, something from the ryzen series or Intel?
Inb4 total roasting.

Solution
In aud I'd wait until the ryzen 1600 comes out April 11/12(forget which) and a b350 motherboard. Should still allow a 3.6/7 oc and be the same price a 7600k build but slam it once you start editing. May lose a few frames in some gaming situations but easily stay above 60fps.

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
I'd personally go with ryzen, it will get more than 60 fps in any game easily, and shouldnt take much if any of a hit while streaming. If on a bit if a budget wait a bit and get an oced 1600/1600x when they come out. If not jump on the 1700 and run it at 3.7-3.8 and enjoy

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
In aud I'd wait until the ryzen 1600 comes out April 11/12(forget which) and a b350 motherboard. Should still allow a 3.6/7 oc and be the same price a 7600k build but slam it once you start editing. May lose a few frames in some gaming situations but easily stay above 60fps.

Solution