Intel Phases Out Remaining Nehalem Processors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I cant wait until Intel hits the physical berrier on their process die shrinks, then maybe they will start working on their crappy driver software.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
What Intel need is to get into software business and push the requirements. Casual user are still stucking on Core 2 duo CPU when they are more than enough for typical use.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]What Intel need is to get into software business and push the requirements. Casual user are still stucking on Core 2 duo CPU when they are more than enough for typical use.[/citation]
You mean make an everyday need for quad or hexacore CPU? Outside of video editing? Well, if they worked with Microsoft and Apple to make Windows and OS X need that kind of power many would complain. I can't think of features that'd really cause a need for it but then again, it's late, I'm tired. I think they should somehow get games to really benefit from the powerful CPUs (upcoming trolling alert, be warned) but then you'd be leaving all us AMD owners out in the wind. (yes, i have a box with a phenom II...doing my part for charity). Developers have to account for the lowest common denominator...some AMD cpu. /trolling

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Nothing against the new cpus but for a gamer its a wash. A 100 dollar AMD quad core gets the same fps in game as the brand new ivy bridge. Now if you are encoding video or audio its ivy bridge all day long... but for gaming as long as youve got a quad core youre fine. That's likely a function of the games not really taking advantage of the 4 cores and being a little too much for the dual cores. So as far as gaming goes I wont be upgrading my cpu from my 920 for a while (likely till I see some difference in FPS in games that makes it worth it). Though I do like the idea of a gaming cpu that uses less than 130w...

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-3930k-3820-test-benchmark,3090-10.html

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]What Intel need is to get into software business and push the requirements. Casual user are still stucking on Core 2 duo CPU when they are more than enough for typical use.[/citation]
we already hv enough power on the cpu side, what we need r stronger gpu, AMD brazos prove that.

Status
Not open for further replies.