News Intel-Powered Mini-PC, NAS, 2.5GbE Router AIO Retails for $269

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleuCheddar

Prominent
Jul 2, 2023
The N100 is 4-core, 4-thread because it is Alder Lake-N Efficiency (E) Cores only. Some things to keep in mind if you want to run Linux on something like this (I have a TRIGKEY which is somewhat similar, has the AX101 Wifi and i225v and a single SATA port):
  1. The AX201 Wifi+Bluetooth will only work out of the box with a minimum of Kernel 6.5 (at least, that is what I've found i.e. Ubuntu 23.10); a bunch of the recommended work-arounds involving finding a driver don't actually work on Ubuntu 22.04
  2. The i226v Ethernet controller is great on Ubuntu 22.04 or newer (it's version 4 of the i225v supposedly), in testing via Speedtest with my 1.5 Gbps internet, I'm consistently seeing 1.6 Gbps down-but I haven't tried stressing both NICs at the same time
  3. The NVME on a number of the N100 desktop systems I've looked at is capped at PCIe 3.0 1x which ends up performing at 800-900MB/s in benchmarks-there is a total of 9 PCIe 3.0 lanes available on the N100
  4. The QuickSync video encoding and decoding works great, so for Emby or Jellyfin these little N100 machines make a great media server with transcoding

Reactions: cyrusfox
Status
Not open for further replies.