News Intel pushes launch date of Ohio fab from 2025 to 2027 or 2028. State politicians remain enthusiastic about progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but those job estaminets seem way to high to me. Will be happy to be proved wrong.
The main numbers are reasonable(3k people + 405 million in payroll) on the direct fab side. Its the support numbers where the math gets muddy(Expecting the same ration of income for supporting business as the intel employees? not likely[405/3 vs 2800/20, both ≈140K income per capita]). They appear to be applying a static a 6-7x multiplier effect here, You expect some multiplier for the increase required in the service sector to support the population growth: New schools, shopping centers and restaurants serving the influx, as well as external companies supporting the fab.
These "supporting business" estimates are optimistic[absurd?], These estimates are coming from politicians, you can trust them absolutely:sneaky: BIGLY
It is also expected to create 3,000 direct Intel jobs providing $405 million in annual payroll. According to official estimates, supporting businesses will also generate 20,000 job vacancies, and contribute $2.8 billion to Ohio’s annual gross state product.

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
I think we'll learn that Intel stepped up the build-out of the AZ fabs in response to the reported big customer advance payments.

The advanced packaging capacity also appears to be justifiably getting more near-term attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.