Intel (R) HD 4000 only 32Mbs dedicated video ram memory?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 2, 2018
I got this better graphics card for my windows 8 laptop.

My friend who gave it to me said it should have been more than this.
Ideas or knowings on why this is?

Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Yep, that is your wi-fi (wireless network) and Bluetooth adapter. Not a video device.

The black and white wires are actually the antenna elements. Changing this has no impact, at all, on your video performance.
Jun 2, 2018
You absolute LEGEND! So much has been cleared up!
I am a bit sad though, but is 32 Mbs of dedicated ram all this Graphics card that's already in this is capable of?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
In your BIOS, you may be able to allocate more memory to the video controller. Have you looked through your BIOS settings?

According to the specs, you should be able to allocate between 64 MB – 1696 MB shared with system memory.

Jun 2, 2018
I actually don't think my BIOS had been updated in years! My first time opening it was today. It crashes while the beep was commencing, and you know what happens when something crashes while audio is playing. (My sound was on max)

Anyway, It says I need support assist. Is this right?

Jun 2, 2018
Here is where a real problem comes into play.
In order for me to install this update the battery must be at 10% or higher as the program dictates.
Unfortunately this very computer was given to us by some one else who simply didn't want it anymore.
It has no detectable battery, and I have no idea what to do. Currently its plugged into the charger it came with.
If it where disconnected, the laptop would instantaneously shut down. If this is as far as you can help me I understand.
But if there is a way to some how get around this, do tell.

Jun 2, 2018
My... as you put it like that I have all the info I need... A can feel the force of that face palm in the form of an earth quake.
Well... Walmart or some other place like your suggestions, here I come! The BIOS will be updated once I get it and I will simply resort to checking a Youtube video instead of bothering you with my stupidity.

Thank you SIR! Of I go. I am done here.

Great help this was! I'll just be listening to my 80's music while I search!
I hope I don't unlearn what I have learned, I understand so much more.

Welp, Have a good night or day! Which ever it may be!