[SOLVED] Intel Rapid Storage Technology

alexous

Honorable
Jan 25, 2018
Hi all
I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 3501 with latest Win10 x64 and Crucial P5 nvme with WDC 2.5" HDD installed. Crucial SSD tool doesn't allow me to enable Momentum Cache option bcz of the presence of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It also show that the drive is full which isn't the case. I believe all is related to Intel RST, is it necessary?If not, how to uninstall?

Thank you in advance.Alex

Solution
can you right click start
choose disk management
expand the next window to show all details in top and bottom areas
take a screenshot, upload to an image sharing website and show link here

IRST can be used for raid, I wonder if its set up as such. If its not, there shouldn't be any reason you can't remove it.
Uninstall? Doesn't it show in Settings/Apps under Intel?

Colif

Win 11 Master
choose disk management

IRST can be used for raid, I wonder if its set up as such. If its not, there shouldn't be any reason you can't remove it.

Solution

alexous

Honorable
Jan 25, 2018
choose disk management

There is nothing from Intel in Control Panel/Apps section. Can you tell me how to remove it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
mtinvme.sys is Micrron ssd driver

lets see if Intel RST is there then as maybe you have the drivers without the program

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

can you see Intel rapid storage tech loaded in here? what Intel do you see?

not related fact. Intel have 2 technologies called IRST. They are Intel rapid start technology & Intel rapid storage technology (they both do similar things)

Last edited:

alexous

Honorable
Jan 25, 2018
mtinvme.sys is Micrron ssd driver

lets see if Intel RST is there then as maybe you have the drivers without the program

Can you download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html

All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver updaters often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

can you see Intel rapid storage tech loaded in here? what Intel do you see?

not related fact. Intel have 2 technologies called IRST. They are Intel rapid start technology & Intel rapid storage technology (they both do similar things)

https://ibb.co/sqd35hN

TRENDING THREADS