Intel Reaffirms Commitment to CES After Microsoft Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
I read somewhere, I can't remember exactly, that Microsoft was asked last year to renew its CES Keynote for 3 years, in which Microsoft opted only for the 1 year which is this coming Jan. So it wasn't kicked out, my guess they are telling the truth. I mean Windows is generally release middle to end of year anyway, and new xbox models as well so whats the point of doing it. Intel on the other hand can seriously benefit from CES as it releases its new processors shortly after.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
this is good move on Microsoft's part....they make software not hardware...all they hardware the sell is made by another company and they put the Microsoft name on it.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Microsoft having their own event does make a little more sense... they have so much to show off after all. Especially with Windows 8 phones & tablets coming out

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
I think that Microsoft are pretty stupid not to be there. It is simply a great place to network and see the new innovations up close. If apple did the same there products would be so much better. Even if they had a small both and handed out cheesy Microsoft stickers :p

Status
Not open for further replies.