News Intel releases extended warranty details for 13th and 14th-gen chips, list includes Core i5, i7, and i9 processors

Thank God we have Steve from GN to absolutely tell Intel how to do things, as it seems it's hard for them to do so without external pressure. You may not like GN's style of reporting or even how they do things at all, but the updated Intel statement absolutely comes as a response to GN's video.

Now... This is definitely better than before, but I'm not sure it actually takes into account all customers and intermediaries. I'm still on the "just issue a recall" camp.

EDIT: An eagle-eyed person said that list does not contain all 65W parts sold in all regions.

Regards.

Last edited:

TheHerald

Prominent
Feb 15, 2024
Thank God we have Steve from GN to absolutely tell Intel how to do things, as it seems it's hard for them to do so without external pressure. You may not like GN's style of reporting or even how they do things at all, but the updated Intel statement absolutely comes as a response to GN's video.

Now... This is definitely better than before, but I'm not sure it actually takes into account all customers and intermediaries. I'm still on the "just issue a recall" camp.

EDIT: An eagle-eyed person said that list does not contain all 65W parts sold in all regions.

Regards.
It was already announced in the previous announcement that they will include oems and trays

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
I haven't seen this mentioned, but did they waive the $25 advanced replacement fee? Are they sending all RMAs in advance? That would seem to be the least they could do. Personally, if I had to RMA, I'd want to make sure I had a CPU in hand before sending mine back just in case they run out of stock or have other delays.

At one point Intel mentioned that all 65W+ base power 13th and 14th gen Raptor Lake (and the refresh) CPUs are affected, yet they can't even get the list of affected CPUs right...? What about the i5-13400? Intel really needs to get ahead of this, but there's no easy solution.

I think the only way to make it right is to issue a recall. They are probably waiting until AFTER they get the microcode update into wafers currently being produced to issue it though. Otherwise, they're just sending you another ticking time bomb for the defective one you send back.

Reactions: YSCCC