Intel Reports Q1 Revenue of $12.9 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]What's AMD's total worth again?Ouch.[/citation]

LOL.

So when can you spill the beans on Intel's revolutionary 22nm process?? :D

Just think - a year ago, AMD fanbois like Jenny were saying Intel was behind AMD on 22nm, and just a week ago other fanbois like Bobdozer were saying Intel would tank this quarter due to the "cripple bridge fiasco". Interestingly enough, neither of them are still around on THG..

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]webbwbb[/nom]Revenue does not equal profit. Revenue is the amount of money taken in before you factor in expenses.[/citation]

Bingo... Furthermore, expenses like Mcafee maybe spread across multiple quarters.

Net Income was 3.3 Billion, and even that doesnt give you an absolute understanding of the company's health...

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
GeekApproved your right
but this is a quarter, Intel is fine and doing well
Also they will make there money back on Mcafee. Even if consumers do not like it. the corporate world has to have something in place. I see an intel/Mcafee appliance comming very soon.

Not true - see this Barron's article :

Intel said a “rapid recovery” in the flaws it had identified in late January with its “Cougar Point” chipset allowed the company to bounce back in its shipments of its latest microprocessor, Sandy Bridge, eliminating what had been expected to be a $300 million hit to revenue.

The company saw Sandy Bridge perform well in emerging markets, offsetting weakness in consumer PC buying in established markets.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
Intel isn't going anywhere anytime soon, sorry AMD fans. Actually, I don't understand the desire of either "side" wanting the demise of either company. Competition drives prices lower, period. If AMD didn't exist, or vice versa, CPU's would be a LOT more expensive! I have always (mostly) favored Intel CPU's in my builds, but my biggest fear is the death of AMD.

jplarson

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]They paid 8 billion for Mcafee, so that should be 4 billion, not 13 billion.[/citation]

13 - 8 = 4?

[citation][nom]BSMonitor[/nom]No, he is not...[/citation]

Agreed.

[citation][nom]ProDigit10[/nom]Yay! Another 10 billion going to all CEO's and 0 going back into the economy by providing work for all![/citation]

?? Intel announced a new fab being built for their 14nm node - that'll create thousands of jobs here in the USA and pump millions into our economy. IIRC, Intel has something like 7 fabs here in the USA. AMD, or actually GloFlo, is building one in New York. So it's not like the CPU companies are all offshore enterprises that don't pay any taxes (unlike GE I guess :p).

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.