News Intel Russia reports zero revenue in 2023 — now only one employee remains

DavidMV

Commendable
Nov 18, 2021
And if I remember correctly Intel Arc drivers were made there.

I heard that same... that at least a major section of the drivers was being done in Russia. Trying to move half completed code to teams in the US rapidly was one of the causes of the delays and poor launch drivers. I think they are getting their rhythm now and I have higher hopes for Battlemage!

boby1

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2002
They shot themselves in the foot with this dumb political decision. What did they achieve exactly? Nothing, only loses for Intel.

Reactions: nitrium
They shot themselves in the foot with this dumb political decision. What did they achieve exactly? Nothing, only loses for Intel.
What did you want Intel to do?
Keep selling chips to a Russia while the US and other countries fine Intel up the wazoo for breaking sanctions?
Political decisions might be dumb, but losing $2 million is far smaller than the fine they would have faced had they not stopped operations.
Intel possibly could have pivoted their operations to something not covered by sanctions, but its obvious the smart guys they paid to higher smarter guys thought it was better to simply close up shop.

dmitche31958

Reputable
Aug 13, 2019
"The mothballed businesses incurred losses of $2.31 million over the last year."
Wow. Do you think that they will go broke with such massive losses that have been "racked up"?

Apr 29, 2024
The chips are still sold to Russia. One way or another (unfortunately). Kids need to play games on something.

But I am curious to see, where people from the R&D department ended up today. Does Intel re-hire them abroad? What is the success rate then?

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
Oh my God nobody picked Jim up at the side of the building after we had cake!? No wonder his wife keeps calling me.. I thought she was working at a telemarketer office for some side cash.

Well... I dunno what to do next so I give up and I will miss Jim twice as hard today and tomorrow.

d0x360

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2016
The chips are still sold to Russia. One way or another (unfortunately). Kids need to play games on something.

But I am curious to see, where people from the R&D department ended up today. Does Intel re-hire them abroad? What is the success rate then?
Success rate of 4 was observed in 72% of test chamber subjects but consistently not until they had been out of the country for a minimum of 5 months.

No I'm not at liberty to tell you where this number scale begin or ends not if a 4 is good or bad but I will give you a hint. It's aight