Intel Says Android 4.0 Has x86 Optimizations

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
It's fairly interesting, but I cannot help myself thinking that Intel is paying Google / Andriod development team a fair sum and some info, to make sure intel is very "capable" to compete in the market...

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
[citation][nom]g-unit1111[/nom]With all the resources that Google has at their disposal, you think they could have come up with a better name than "Ice Cream Sandwich".Otherwise more Droid = always a good thing.[/citation]

What delicious treats can you come up with that start with the letter "I" because the first one that comes to my mind is ice cream. Could have done without the sandwich part, but hey they had to give the women at Google something to do.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]dalmvern[/nom]What delicious treats can you come up with that start with the letter "I" because the first one that comes to my mind is ice cream. Could have done without the sandwich part, but hey they had to give the women at Google something to do.[/citation]
Italian Ice? ...but that sounds lame too.

Partizan92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2010
this is funny... intel teams up with google to make a x86 compatible android os.. and on the other side microsoft teams up with arm to make a arm compatible windows os..

halcyon

Splendid
I already have a Fujitsu x86 tablet..."Stylus" something or other ...running Windows 7 and I'm not terribly impressed. Hopefully they can come out with something a bit more useful (spelled more like iOS or Android) wit A LOT better battery life (7+ hours).

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
One caveat about Android x86: it will not run Android apps that have native code libraries only for ARM. The app authors will need to port their libraries to work on x86.

G

I don't think this will be a 10W dual core Cedar Trail though it might be. Even so, it wouldn't run out of battery in 2 hours. NVidia's ION does most of the damage energy wise on the Atom platform. Using an Intel chipset, no doubt it will be a great deal more efficient though won't be full HD capable.

G

So, if Google's porting Android to Intel, where does that leave Chrome OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.