Intel Shipping Revised Cougar Point Next Week

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaori Cpu

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Plain and Simple, I love Intel and I want to Build my new Gaming rig. I would like to be able to purchase the products sooner or later. I can't wait for the Chipsets to come back out.

johnny_2bags

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
Man I didn't even sweat this. Bought an Asus Sabertooth P67 from an Ebay seller who still had a few left, got my 2600K from another Ebay seller, fired right up and oh my sweet god is it fast :D The only one who lost out here was Newegg LOL

Intel ships chips to manufacturers on the 14th, boards in the stores on the 16th. That is simply too quick a turnaround time to believe, especially since they where expecting shipping the chips in the end of the month and boards in April before these news!

68vistacruiser

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Wouldn't it be nice if the chips were plug-in like the good old days, and we wouldn't have to tear apart our computers and change out a motherboard to fix a problem like this?

rubberjohnson

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
"banzaigtv
Just because you cannot get Sandy Bridge until April does not mean that you absolutely need to jump on AMD's bandwagon. The Core i7-950 effectively kills off all Phenom II X6 CPUs in the Passmark CPU benchmark list. You could simply upgrade the RAM to add to the PC's speed and cover the performance spread between the LGA 1366 and LGA 1155 platforms"

This is total BS...a RAM speed increase will never bridge the performance gap between the LGA 1366 and LGA 1155 platforms. The 1155 smokes 1366 for most people/uses besides some crappy benchmark software that is...

G

@rolli59

translation, intel was well aware of this problem but shipped faulty chips anyway so they can capitalize the market knowing full well that they had to recall and replace the faulty parts, but would ensure that consumers who had committed to the purchase would probably hold onto their intel setup (nothing wrong with the CPU after all)

$700 million is pocket change to intel and would ensure that AMD is shutout of the market

damn it bulldozer better do a decent job because i really hate the idea of buying Intel....

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Well it's been 10 days after my last comment & 11 days since this article started these posts :??: ...Still there are plenty of online & shopfront stores that deny the cougar chipset problem is a problem & say that they will not exchange a new board for a faulty cougar chipset board unless that there is a fault that causes the board a problem within the 1 year warranty period :pt1cable: ...One such store in Sydney,Australia is MSY at Auburn :fou: ...They have many stores around Australia :pt1cable: ...On the other hand was a store called PC DIY just around the corner & they said that they will sell me one now & when the new revision boards come in or later if I like,I can come in & return it then :D ...How's that for a smaller retail store with not even a sixth of the number of outlet's that MSY have :lol: ...Just figure it out how many stores will try to sell,but still deny that there is a problem...A whole lot,because they still advertise them...One store called KS Computers at stanmore has taken it's cougar chipset boards off it's site page & also their sandy bridge cpu's...Although PC DIY do still advertise them,at least they say they will exchange the old faulty for a new non faulty board :) ...

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Techbuy in Sydney,Australia is another PC hardware store that you should not trust :fou: ...When phoning them up they can not even make up their mind what to say :pt1cable: ...Also their past record of you being able to return faulty goods has been very bad,good for them maybe,but not for their customers :fou: ...

sonofliberty08

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rolli59[/nom]Intel ships chips to manufacturers on the 14th, boards in the stores on the 16th. That is simply too quick a turnaround time to believe, especially since they where expecting shipping the chips in the end of the month and boards in April before these news![/citation]
maybe they just simply rebranding the b2 to b3 so it makes it revise again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS