Intel Signs Deal For Adding NFC to Future Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
That is scary. The last thing I want is someone to be able to gain access to my information remotely when I'm not jacked in to the net. If this make it to desktops I'll happily switch to AMD cpus.

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
The worse thing that can happen to America's freedom is transferring all financial transaction capability to phones. The electronic wallet concept. Newbies aren't aware of the sweeping investigative techniques permitted by the Patriot Act. The errors made by the govt due to people with same names, or faulty data in their supercomputer databases results in apprehension or harrassment of the wrong perpetrators...why should you care ?? A full fledged electronic wallet (on your smartphone) will permit any govt agency to completely turn you off from society just by contacting AT&T and telling them to disconnect you from the grid. You have no money, no account, no phone and you can complain to AT&T who is just fronting for the Govt. Think the Govt would NEVER do that ?? Google Kent State Massacre, Google CIA Operation Ajax, be VERY afraid of the future and electronic wallets which is moving to make paper money obsolete.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jonny_76[/nom]The worse thing that can happen to America's freedom is transferring all financial transaction capability to phones. The electronic wallet concept. Newbies aren't aware of the sweeping investigative techniques permitted by the Patriot Act. The errors made by the govt due to people with same names, or faulty data in their supercomputer databases results in apprehension or harrassment of the wrong perpetrators...why should you care ?? A full fledged electronic wallet (on your smartphone) will permit any govt agency to completely turn you off from society just by contacting AT&T and telling them to disconnect you from the grid. You have no money, no account, no phone and you can complain to AT&T who is just fronting for the Govt. Think the Govt would NEVER do that ?? Google Kent State Massacre, Google CIA Operation Ajax, be VERY afraid of the future and electronic wallets which is moving to make paper money obsolete.[/citation]

paper money will never be obsolete in my life time. granted coinage may

that said, a digital wallet is basilly accessing your bank, or creditcard info and passing it correct? i cant see how its much different than what we currently have (bank, creditcard)

iLLz

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003
Intel is clearly preparing for an onslaught of the mobile market. With Tri-Gate transistors and 22nm processes and beyond, and with the reorganization of the mobile division, they are really preparing for something big.

I also heard they are merging the lines of Core and Atom with Haswell so I think Core with get much more power efficient and Atom will get much more powerful. Can't wait!

jonny_76

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
alidan: if you boil a frog slowly he never even knows he is about to die and won't even try to jump out of the boiling pot....we are the frogs in the slowly boiling pot

If you have digital money it can be turned off with a remote SW command, if you paper money, only you know where it is kept and no-one can take it from you.

step 1; move the masses to have paper co-exist with digital money (has been going on for many years)

step 2:add fees for accessing your paper money, keeping paper money, making paper money unfashinable, while incentivising everyone to go pure digital money by promotions, convenience, catchy jingles and bikini clad women. banks moan and complain about how expensive it is to maintain brick and mortar stores and all the benefits of digital money

step 3:eek:ver time majority of people switch to digital money, bank accounts in the highly secure cloud..no branches, very minimal customer support..99% of users are happy.

The 1% or less who are considered unPatriotic, anarchists, too liberal, overusing their right to Free Speech, or just wrongly targeted by the Govt...could be ANYONE OF US. (A US Senator was denied access to board a US flight in AMerica because he was accidentally put on the 'No-fly list'

It is so obvious...Google Gulf of Tonkin False Flag Operation (the 'reason' we defended ourselves and went to war with Vietnam)

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
[citation][nom]nom[/nom]That is scary. The last thing I want is someone to be able to gain access to my information remotely when I'm not jacked in to the net. If this make it to desktops I'll happily switch to AMD cpus.
[/citation]

I agree, that's what makes it scary. I don't mind banks and the gov having access to my personal/financial info but I don't want it being broadcast to any object that I rub my notebook against. If they said Motorola was doing it I'd feel ok but not Intel, I just don't trust them.

Meatymutawings

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
[citation][nom]woshitudou[/nom]I agree, that's what makes it scary. I don't mind banks and the gov having access to my personal/financial info but I don't want it being broadcast to any object that I rub my notebook against. If they said Motorola was doing it I'd feel ok but not Intel, I just don't trust them.[/citation]

dude, just....stop.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
[citation][nom]jonny_76[/nom]alidan: if you boil a frog slowly he never even knows he is about to die and won't even try to jump out of the boiling pot....[/citation]
This is a old fable used to illustrate that people won't notice change that occurs slowly. When it comes to frogs being boiled, it is simply not true.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]jonny_76[/nom]alidan: if you boil a frog slowly he never even knows he is about to die and won't even try to jump out of the boiling pot....we are the frogs in the slowly boiling potIf you have digital money it can be turned off with a remote SW command, if you paper money, only you know where it is kept and no-one can take it from you.step 1; move the masses to have paper co-exist with digital money (has been going on for many years) step 2:add fees for accessing your paper money, keeping paper money, making paper money unfashinable, while incentivising everyone to go pure digital money by promotions, convenience, catchy jingles and bikini clad women. banks moan and complain about how expensive it is to maintain brick and mortar stores and all the benefits of digital moneystep 3ver time majority of people switch to digital money, bank accounts in the highly secure cloud..no branches, very minimal customer support..99% of users are happy.The 1% or less who are considered unPatriotic, anarchists, too liberal, overusing their right to Free Speech, or just wrongly targeted by the Govt...could be ANYONE OF US. (A US Senator was denied access to board a US flight in AMerica because he was accidentally put on the 'No-fly list'It is so obvious...Google Gulf of Tonkin False Flag Operation (the 'reason' we defended ourselves and went to war with Vietnam)[/citation]

sorry but i dont get how Gulf of Tonkin relates, granted i stopped reading after the wiki synapses.
this is a it late.

but right now, the government can freeze your assets, and your brick and motor bank wont give you crap... what you are afraid of... the government censoring you by attacking finances, already happens, the reason that you dont hear of that one protester who say the most offensive crap ever getting his crap frozen, is because it just doesn't happen... unless that same protester was stock piling arms and calling for an armed rebellion...

and you don't think that in the future you cant have a more or less anon account, really the only way that digital would take over paper, than you are delusional.

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006

Ya, I agree. What's the point in having safes and vaults if Intel is just passing out free keys. Damn you Intel! <shakes fist at Intel>

Status
Not open for further replies.