Intel SR1A7 Xeon E5-2670v2 and Supermicro X9DRi-F compatibility

aleksey.sheremetov

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy a pair of used Intel SR1A7 Xeon E5-2670v2 CPUs but not sure which motherboard I should choose. So my questions are:

1) Will this CPUs work on Supermicro X9DRi-F mobo? If they won't, what else could you suggest? (I need mobo with 2 CPUs)

2) chipset: c602, c604, c606, c608, c612 - which one is right for me? I understand I need mobo with LGA2011 socket, but confused about its chipset part..

3) Will I able to install Win10 on such PC?

The purpose of this build - render slave for 3dsMax + Corona render.

Thanks, Aleks.

Solution
You can install Windows 10 PRO on a dual socket motherboard.

That SuperMicro motherboard looks like it will work. It has a note that version 3.0 or higher of the BIOS is required for V2 CPUs If you are buying a used motherboard, you may want to ask about the BIOS version

Don't buy an "ES" CPU -- That is an engineering sample and is not technically legal to sell.

kanewolf

Titan
You can install Windows 10 PRO on a dual socket motherboard.

That SuperMicro motherboard looks like it will work. It has a note that version 3.0 or higher of the BIOS is required for V2 CPUs If you are buying a used motherboard, you may want to ask about the BIOS version

Don't buy an "ES" CPU -- That is an engineering sample and is not technically legal to sell.

Solution