Question Intel+SSD faster than AMD+M.2?

Omar_71

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017
Hello everyone!!

I wanted to drop a thing that I realized a few days ago. I've a Pentium G4560 with a SSD Kingston V300 (old as fuck, I know) and a Ryzen 7 1700 with a M.2. Samsung 970 EVO PLUS.
The funny story is that the Intel+SSD, being way cheaper, older and worse in general boots and shuts Windows FASTER than the Ryzen+M.2. That thing triggers the shit out of me. How is it freaking possible? Might it be a Mobo config?
PS: the M.2. works perfectly. I've CrystalMark it and the numbers are perfect and also I tried with my old M.2. a XPG GAMMIX S11 and the same thing goes: a slower boot than the Intel
PSS: Intel MB:: MSI H110i PRO ----- AMD MB: MSI B450M MORTAR
PSSS: both computers have a fresh windows 10 installation, same version. So software is not the issue here

JJoner

Reputable
Apr 3, 2015
Windows boot times dont benefit that much from an M.2. The difference is in the single digit percentage wise between sata and M.2. Windows boot times benefit more from CPU, RAM and even motherboard than SSD speed.

Omar_71

Honorable
Apr 2, 2017
Windows boot times dont benefit that much from an M.2. The difference is in the single digit percentage wise between sata and M.2. Windows boot times benefit more from CPU, RAM and even motherboard than SSD speed.

But that's the thing: the Intel PC is way worse than the AMD one, every single component is older and cheaper, but it boots/shuts faster xD

TRENDING THREADS