Intel SSDs Continue to Gain Popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i just farted.

i think that's more interesting than this article. no, that's not a hit at tuan, it's just that i'm bored of rebranded x-25m's

also, i can never figure out where the hyphen goes

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Intel SSDs are overpriced (like their processors) and the read speed is awesome but write speed is lacking. It is able to compete on random access and random read/write unlike other SSDs but the OCZ Vertex and G.Skill Falcon beat it easily on performance, reliability, and price. Performance also degrades on the Intel SSDs as well.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]Intel doesn't need to lower the prices because like the nintendo Wii its still selling more than AMD CPU's[/citation]

this is why conformity sucks. and gskill upped their prices when they discovered theyre drive is better than they thought

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]Intel SSDs are overpriced (like their processors) and the read speed is awesome but write speed is lacking. It is able to compete on random access and random read/write unlike other SSDs but the OCZ Vertex and G.Skill Falcon beat it easily on performance, reliability, and price. Performance also degrades on the Intel SSDs as well.[/citation]
Honestly no offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

not to be a spammer, but anand's big article on SSDs is very informative.

Write speed may be lacking, but the trade off is random read/writes that are peerless. The OCZ and G.Skills dont compare in this aspect, though the Vertex is indeed good.

Overall desktop performance undoubtedly goes to intel.

I don't know where you're getting your info on reliability, but I haven't heard of any reliability issues with the intels.

Performance degrades on all SSDs by nature. It is not specific to Intel. And even so, with TRIM support it is almost a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.