[SOLVED] Intel stock CPU cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2020
Will lthe i5 4440 CPU cooler fit on the i7 4790k with a asrock fatal1ty z97 killer mother board or is the Noctua NH-D14 good

Last edited:

bignastyid

Titan
The 4790K shipped with the same cooler as the 4440. I think it was the 6th or 7th gen Intel quit shipping K cpus with a stock cooler as most people buying a K cpu didn't use them and the stock coolers were borderline inadequate to totally inadequate(depending on the cpu).

It's not great but it will work, just make sure to keep a good eye on your temps till you are sure it will be ok.

Reactions: xGoodManx
Jun 9, 2020
The 4790K shipped with the same cooler as the 4440. I think it was the 6th or 7th gen Intel quit shipping K cpus with a stock cooler as most people buying a K cpu didn't use them and the stock coolers were borderline inadequate to totally inadequate(depending on the cpu).

It's not great but it will work, just make sure to keep a good eye on your temps till you are sure it will be ok.
Tbh I don't want to be using the stock cooler as I just ordered my new the CPU so wanted to get people's answers on the cooler as I'll probably order my cooler next week sometime and also how good will the i7 4790k pair with the ASUS GTX 1060 6GB DUAL FAN GPU

Jun 9, 2020
Will it fit? - yes, sure.
Will it be able to cool down i7 ? - definitely not.
Noctua NH-D14 - is good.
Yeah won't be using the stock cooler for a long time I just hate the sound it's not that loud but you can hear just want something that's more silent and will cool down the CPU a good amount

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador

Not quite right, sorry. The i5-4440 shipped with the E-97379. The i7-4790k shipped with the E-97378.
The E97378-001 and the E97379-001 look almost identical and their ID numbers are very close, but major differences can be discerned when the coolers are turned upside down. Aside from the E97378 having a copper core, the E97379 has significantly lower mass, aluminum core and straight fins.

It's the difference between a 105w cooler and a 90w cooler.

If you insist on using the lower power cpu cooler on the i7, I'd recommend you disable hyperthreading for any higher load usage.

bignastyid

Titan
Not quite right, sorry. The i5-4440 shipped with the E-97379. The i7-4790k shipped with the E-97378.
The E97378-001 and the E97379-001 look almost identical and their ID numbers are very close, but major differences can be discerned when the coolers are turned upside down. Aside from the E97378 having a copper core, the E97379 has significantly lower mass, aluminum core and straight fins.

It's the difference between a 105w cooler and a 90w cooler.

If you insist on using the lower power cpu cooler on the i7, I'd recommend you disable hyperthreading for any higher load usage.
My bad. Thought Intel had dropped the copper core prior to the 4th gen.

Jun 9, 2020
The 4790k and 1060 should work well together.
Oh thanks it's because the cpu i have now the i5 4440 was playing some games like the new game modern warfare multiplayer/ warzone and the game just broke after like 4 days of playing normally without and problems. Fps went crazy changed it all down to low settings still bugged out even deleted it and put it back to normal also it was working fine with medium to high settings before now it doesn't want to work anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.