Intel Teases New Larrabee Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Backwards compatibility with current NVDA/ATI gaming solutions....I'm S.O.L.D.

scooterlibby

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2008
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]Holy jebus....they doubled ATIs highest bus....1024bit.....pair that with GDDR5 and oohhh....the bandwidth...[/citation]

I think your referring to NVidia. ATI is still using 256 it, albeit with GDDR5. the GTX280 has a 512 bit bus.

G

I am wondering what kind of power supply will be needed to support something like this.

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
10000W minimum PSU *lol*
So all in all it WILL be able to run farcry at 60fps, but you'll need a 15000W PSU to do it hahaha
[citation][nom]kikasphalt[/nom]I am wondering what kind of power supply will be needed to support something like this.[/citation]

[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]I am wondering what kind of power supply will be needed to support something like this.[/citation]

Actually no. ATI had a 512bit bus before nVidia. The HD2900 series was running a 512bit ring bus interface. But due to higher power requirements and higher heat dissipation, ATI dropped it for a 256bit bus paired with GDDR5 (HD4800 series+).

nVidia is planning 512bit bus for the G300 which is nearly 3 years after ATI did.

Status
Not open for further replies.