[SOLVED] Intel trust platform technology keeps disabling

Mar 2, 2022
I have just completed building my computer, but i need to enable intel trust platform technology to install windows 11. Everytime I enable PTT, i save my bios changes and reboot. but when I go back, PTT has disabled! Any help? thanks.

Solution
You can, and should, completely circumvent the windows installation program unless you need to upgrade your current system.
For a clean install you can use the command line, either from your current windows if you choose to install to a different disk for dual booting (or if connecting the drive externally is really easy for you) or from the rescue environment if booting from installation media.
This command takes the installation file from drive E: and installs it to drive G: change that to whatever the drive you want to install to is currently lettered as. To mount the installation media DVD just double click on it and windows will mount it.

dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile E:\Sources\install.esd /index:1 /ApplyDir:G:\

index:1 takes...
You can, and should, completely circumvent the windows installation program unless you need to upgrade your current system.
For a clean install you can use the command line, either from your current windows if you choose to install to a different disk for dual booting (or if connecting the drive externally is really easy for you) or from the rescue environment if booting from installation media.
This command takes the installation file from drive E: and installs it to drive G: change that to whatever the drive you want to install to is currently lettered as. To mount the installation media DVD just double click on it and windows will mount it.

dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile E:\Sources\install.esd /index:1 /ApplyDir:G:\

index:1 takes the first option, usually windows x64 home, if you want to install something else (always only install the version you have the license for) you can use this command to see your options.
dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile E:\Sources\install.esd

This will completely ignore any tpm or cpu compatibilities.
To make this bootable add it to the boot menu either with easybcd if you already in windows, or by using this command from recovery.
G:\Windows\System32\bcdboot G:\Windows
Again changing G: to whatever your win11 drive is currently lettered as.

If you want to give the boot menu entry a different name from recovery use
start /wait bcdedit /set {default} description "W11 super awesome boot menu entry"

To see the drive letters enter diskpart by typing diskpart and hitting enter.
then -list volume- gives you a list of the volumes.

If you don't have a free partition go to disk management and create a virtual hard disk (VHD) and mount it(menu -action create- and -action attach- ) , all the commands stay the same, 60Gb is a good size if you can keep your drive relatively clean, after installing drivers and some basic apps it will be around 30Gb used.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
Mar 2, 2022
look at the first pdf below, it shows how to update your bios
the 2nd link is to newest bios for board.
thanks, but i happened to realise that those bios say they help non-k cpus. just making sure, are these correct? and that when i try to use q-flash it says that there are no disk drives available.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your board has Q flash plus. it lets you update PC with it off. all you need is power.

Q-Flash Plus allows you to update the BIOS when your system is off (S5 shutdown state). Save the latest BIOS on a USB thumb drive and plug it into the dedicated port, and then you can now flash the BIOS automatically by simply pressing the Q-Flash Plus button. The QFLED will flash when the BIOS matching and flashing activities start and will stop flashing when the main BIOS flashing is complete.

page 24 here - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...1002_e.pdf?v=3f35e0d71b9ceeacd75ca35a5f022f32

page 12 shows which USB slot to use to flash bios. its labelled E on diagram in book
USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A Port (Q-Flash Plus Port)
The USB 3.2 Gen 2 port supports the USB 3.2 Gen 2 specification and is compatible to the USB 3.2
Gen 1 and USB 2.0 specification. Use this port for USB devices. Before using Q-Flash Plus (Note), make
sure to insert the USB flash drive into this port first.

page 4 shows where the Q flash button is on motherbaord.