[SOLVED] Intel Turbo Boost

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Hi guys, is Intel Turbo Boost enabled by default on an i9-9900k and if so, should I disable it?

Another question, should I clock my i9 to the max turbo frequency of 5.0ghz or is that bad?

R99 .

Commendable
Jan 3, 2020
Nope it's not bad because it was made to speed upto 5ghz so when you max speed it check the temps out and if there OK then you have nothings to worry about
Thank you, yeah my temps are great, I usually monitor them and usually when gaming and loading things ect the cores can reach about 65 maybe 68 but thats onoy for loading the games, loading between scenes ect, when playing no man skys on high everything, my cores usually jump around in the 45s and 50s :)

Thank you, yeah my temps are great, I usually monitor them and usually when gaming and loading things ect the cores can reach about 65 maybe 68 but thats onoy for loading the games, loading between scenes ect, when playing no man skys on high everything, my cores usually jump around in the 45s and 50s :)

Then thats really good anything below 80 is good when gaming at that speed

If temps are under control, and no TDP power limits imposed, stock behavior would be 4.7 GHz all-core clock speeds....more than adequate for all of today's gaming! (An MCE-enabled board might try to boost all cores to 5 GHz, but, no certainty of cooling being up to the task, or, of stability without possibly a small core voltage boost...; all chips' abilities vary!)