[SOLVED] Intel UHD620 graphics

Jan 29, 2020
I’m looking for a new laptop the one I’ve decided on has Intel UHD Graphics 620 with shared graphics memory.

I can’t work out if this is suitable for what I’m looking for. The options on the dell website and others don’t seem to fit me. I’m not a heavy gamer or a heavy photo editor but occasionally I might play football manger/mafia 2/fifa but rarely and then might do some holiday video editing, again rarely.

So I’m not sure if the uhd620 would be able to cope with what i want or if i need that would do it or if I need a laptop with Nvidia in it.

the laptop is this one
https://www.dell.com/en-uk/shop/cty/pdp/spd/inspiron-14-5490-laptop/cn54902

thanks

mark

Solution
That is the integrated graphics from the CPU. Its fine for online surfing, movies and maybe browser based games. Anything more than that, you will need a discrete graphics card.
If you plan to play the games mentioned you certainly need something beefier than that.
That is the integrated graphics from the CPU. Its fine for online surfing, movies and maybe browser based games. Anything more than that, you will need a discrete graphics card.
If you plan to play the games mentioned you certainly need something beefier than that.

Solution
as said integrated graphics = crap

you want stuff with a GTX 1050 and up, its possible to play the latest game with med settings very very decently, integrated graphics? it wont even start, also don't go for geforce mx graphics, they are garbage

what about a laptop with NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250 with 2GB GDDR5 graphics memory ?

a disgrace. the entry level for anything gaming laptop is gtx 1050, that mx whatever will just allow you to play older games that otherwisely could also be played on integrated graphics anyways... i mean, it depends on what you want to play, if its CS:GO, LoL sure,it will 'do' but its still a disgrace.