News Intel Unlocks GPU Drivers for OEM Systems

This is very good news. Because the past few times I've dealt with Intel Graphics drivers, it's been a major pain in the butt. Usually, the best approach has just been to use Display Driver Uninstaller to wipe the Windows Update drivers from the system, then install the Intel drivers ... but it doesn't always work as planned. I think I ended up having to DDU and then install prior to rebooting, or Windows would put the "OEM" drivers back on my system. And this is for a custom built PC, with an MSI MEG Z390 Ace motherboard -- not some Dell or whatever.

Nvidia did this years ago for laptops, AMD did it last year, and Intel is finally joining the ship of realizing that OEMs often don't do jack squat with updating drivers.

Weird. I have never had an issues installing any driver on OEM's, of course unless the driver isn't meant for it lol.

Sometimes finding drivers for old devices (SCSI/RAID) to work on Windows Vista+ can be hard, which is why my test PC is a first gen Core i3 so I have XP, 7, And 10 installed on it and it has built in Parallel, Serial, and PCI slots for testing. Only thing is the PCI slot has the battery behind it so i have to use a PCIe to PCI riser to use those 64 Bit PCI cards for testing.

Weird. I have never had an issues installing any driver on OEM's, of course unless the driver isn't meant for it lol.

Sometimes finding drivers for old devices (SCSI/RAID) to work on Windows Vista+ can be hard, which is why my test PC is a first gen Core i3 so I have XP, 7, And 10 installed on it and it has built in Parallel, Serial, and PCI slots for testing. Only thing is the PCI slot has the battery behind it so i have to use a PCIe to PCI riser to use those 64 Bit PCI cards for testing.
We're talking specifically about Intel graphics drivers, and I'm not sure if you've never used them, but even on DIY PC builds Windows 10 will put on an "OEM approved" driver by default. Prior to this driver release, the only way to get the generic Intel drivers was to use DDU to wipe out the Intel drivers, block Windows Update from downloading new drivers, and then install the DCH drivers from Intel. It's not super hard, but it's more than most people running integrated graphics would be willing to do.