News Intel Unveils Full 12th-Gen Alder Lake Mobile Lineup: Up to 14 Cores and 5.0 GHz

Talk about confusing product naming stack...

Having lower count of P-core should immediatelly lower the iX numbering. This is too darn confusing! You can't even shop for their laptop CPUs without a darn sread sheet next to you detailing everything they're hiding from the naming.

Other than that, they read like interesting parts. I think AMD will need to come up with some seriously good pricing schemes for their lineup.

Regards.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Talk about confusing product naming stack...

Having lower count of P-core should immediatelly lower the iX numbering. This is too darn confusing! You can't even shop for their laptop CPUs without a darn sread sheet next to you detailing everything they're hiding from the naming.
They should drop the iX numbering from the product name altogether. As you say, the "i"rating doesn't appear to have any clear cut meaning and just makes things more confusing. The product number after that makes logical sense. The 4 digit number tells you where you are in the stack, and the letter at the end tells you the power rating.

tek-check

Commendable
Aug 31, 2021
That power-performance graph under "Alder Lake Mobile Performance Benchmarks" is a misleading comparison with Ryzen 5900HX. AMD's CPU scales higher than i9-11980K in real benchmarks published by Hardware Unboxed here:

5900HX clearly performs better than 11980HK even at 75W, which is what Intel's graph fails to show. For this reason, I would not trust Alder Lake line to be as high. Let's see how is compares with 6980HX in a few weeks.