Intel vs AMD: Which Would Zombot Use for Brains?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xeensd

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Something cool and consistent.....I have a old lo-po via gigapro "1.3Ghz" 800 actually... it is the longest surviving board that I have kept and I got it for -$5 after mail in rebate, zombot could afford it with his pocket lint... (there are a couple of PII-350 that my grandparents are using... but I won't count those in the longevity race... they are not cool running)

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]enzo matrix[/nom]What is the point of this article?[/citation]
One can only conclude that the point is to incite fanboy arguments in the absence of anything else to write about.

gimmeausername

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
How about the "zombot" forced either ASUS, GIGABYTE, EVGA, MSI (or whatever hardware manufacturer it can get its robot hands on) to make a dual socket motherboard with dual chipsets, one from AMD and one from Intel, add in a special bridge for these things to communicate with each others. Zombot doesn't have to choose now, does it? Well... It can dream...

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]If it has to be explained...[/citation]

No its a good question. This article was just something to say "Hey I posted something for today, can I go play now?"

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]digiex[/nom]In this corner... Intel Fanboy,In this conner... AMD Fanboy...No hitting below the belt...Fight...[/citation]
I thought that was the only place they hit :p

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]Oh here we go, yet another marketing ploy. Yes we know, Intel is the best... hooray for Intel, can't wait to view more Intel benchmarks on my iPad (sarcasm)[/citation]
What a dumb thing to say. Did Bram Stoker have too much time on his hands when he created Dracula? Did Joe Shuster have too much time on his hands when he created Superman? Did Gabe and Tycho have too much time on their hands when they created Penny Arcade?

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]he would not pick AMD, because of its pins, while the Intel is pinless..[/citation] But what if this is the old ZI? (Zombot Interface) Upgrading to a new ZI would be a painful experience for the average Zombot, not to mention you're essentially performing a Zombot vasectomy.

1. The Zombot doesn't want.
2. Eeewww.
3. .....
4. Profit!

Leave the Zombot to his pin-toting last-gen interface, save the more powerful tech for the ZRF (Zombie Resistance Fighters). They could use all the help they can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.