[SOLVED] Intel Xeon X3440

Jan 15, 2019
So it's quite a while when the xeons were launched, more than 10 years to be precise. I'm planning to buy a Gaming PC under a budget of almost 350$. Now, I'm getting two deals here, one with the Xeon X3440 (which is a 4 core 8 threads CPU) and the other deal is with the i7 3770 (which is also a 4 cores 8 threads CPU), and the price difference is pretty significant. Almost 50$. But I'm a bit confused about buying a xeon as they are pretty old as compared to 3rd generation processors. However they are performing pretty good in newer AAA titles like Apex Legends, PUBG, etc. So what should I buy? Xeons are still the best in terms of price to performance ratio.
I know this isn't future proof at all but the budget here is a bit tight, so I'm asking for a good suggestion. Is it worth to spend the extra 50$ on i7 3770? Or should I just go with the Xeon X3440?

Thankyou

Solution
I think the 3770 is much more worth it as many older games don't use all cores and the Xeon could be specially weak on those. Don't take me wrong, anyways the 3770 will be noticeably better using all cores but the Xeon could be in trouble with certain kinda old games, emulators and in any case perform worse and last much less than the 3770. So I would definitely prefer the 3770 if the price is reasonable!

Phazoner

Distinguished
I think the 3770 is much more worth it as many older games don't use all cores and the Xeon could be specially weak on those. Don't take me wrong, anyways the 3770 will be noticeably better using all cores but the Xeon could be in trouble with certain kinda old games, emulators and in any case perform worse and last much less than the 3770. So I would definitely prefer the 3770 if the price is reasonable!

Solution