News Intel's Alder Lake i9-12900KS Available at Newegg: All Specs Revealed

This is the price premium newegg puts on top of the price intel asks for.
We will have to wait for official intel pricing to start demonizing them.
Not that official prices mean much anymore with all the scalping going on but still.

logainofhades

Titan
Not that official prices mean much anymore with all the scalping going on but still.

I would demonize them regardless. The regular 12900k is absurdly priced, compared to the 12700k. $225 for 4 more E cores is simply not worth it, and now with the KS model, that price gap goes even further.

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Uh, no, not really. Whatever Newegg's sins, this isn't on them.

From 10 days ago: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-core-i9-12900ks-already-in-customer-hands
Pricing was not listed, but reports have indicated the 12900KS could sell well north of $750, making it an even worse buy than its i9-12900K twin if you are looking for a good value.

Liquidrider

Honorable
Nov 25, 2016

Where in the world did you come up with that logic? Newegg doesn't stack on a premium. They receive a % of whatever is sold. It's purely up to the seller not newegg.
As for scalping, that's happening on GPUs, not CPUs.

Let us forget the price for a second. These performance gains are so abysmal, the only thing making it a new CPU is the model number. I won't even be shocked if some 12900K are faster than the 12900KS.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I would demonize them regardless. The regular 12900k is absurdly priced, compared to the 12700k. $225 for 4 more E cores is simply not worth it, and now with the KS model, that price gap goes even further.
Indeed another textbook example of PCMR negativity. 12900k was not absurdly priced compared to the competition at the time. The 12700k was just priced that much better. But rather than give credit for pricing the midrange CPU's so well vs the competition, let's demonize Intel for charging the typical premium for the halo level which was inline with the pricing of the competition.

Where in the world did you come up with that logic? Newegg doesn't stack on a premium. They receive a % of whatever is sold. It's purely up to the seller not newegg.
As for scalping, that's happening on GPUs, not CPUs.

Let us forget the price for a second. These performance gains are so abysmal, the only thing making it a new CPU is the model number. I won't even be shocked if some 12900K are faster than the 12900KS.
I got it by actually going to the site and not seeing any other supplier other than newegg, it was sold by and shipped by newegg.

logainofhades

Titan
Indeed another textbook example of PCMR negativity. 12900k was not absurdly priced compared to the competition at the time. The 12700k was just priced that much better. But rather than give credit for pricing the midrange CPU's so well vs the competition, let's demonize Intel for charging the typical premium for the halo level which was inline with the pricing of the competition.

To be fair, I never liked the price of the 5950x either. Even today, I think it is a bit overpriced, vs the 5900x. I am a price/performance shopper, and I find halo level products to be a waste of money, for the vast majority of people. The 12700k is the deal, right now, for price/performance. The 12900k will not game noticeably better, yet is way more expensive. The only time either halo product makes any sense, is if you are making money, with your rig. Content creation, CAD work, ect, that generates income, sure get the fastest, as time = money.

Reactions: King_V