Intel's First Medfield Phone to Launch June 6 on Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Jane, do we have some information about how quickly it drains battery when compared to other ARM/Android phones?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ananthu123[/nom]I thought the first was the LAVA Xolo, launched a month ago.[/citation]
Well done, reading fail...
The launch of the San Diego comes just over a month after the launch of the first phone with Intel inside. Intel recently teamed up with Lava International Ltd, a cell phone company in India, to produce the Xolo X900.
Did we get bored by the end of the second paragraph?

G

According to Anand, it had the best performance per battery life so batterly life was quite good. Only the very latest ARM phones (HTC) performed better but at the sacrafice of battery life. It actually sounds like an excellent reference platform, but I imagine it gets real in 2013 when Intel gets baseband on silicon, refreshes the ATOM, and goes 22nm while adding HD4000 GPU.

[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]It's rather unfortunate that it's running Android, and a 2-year old variant at that. It would be lovely to see MeeGo or similar on it.[/citation]

If it was running ICS, then I don't think that it would be unfortunate.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]SerialNewsLink[/nom]According to Anand, it had the best performance per battery life so batterly life was quite good. Only the very latest ARM phones (HTC) performed better but at the sacrafice of battery life. It actually sounds like an excellent reference platform, but I imagine it gets real in 2013 when Intel gets baseband on silicon, refreshes the ATOM, and goes 22nm while adding HD4000 GPU.[/citation]
And then in 2014 with 14nm !

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]mcvf[/nom]Jane, do we have some information about how quickly it drains battery when compared to other ARM/Android phones?[/citation]
Yeah: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5770/lava-xolo-x900-review-the-first-intel-medfield-phone/6

Dubbed the Orange San Diego, the phone boasts Intel's Atom Z2460 processor, a 4.03-inch display, support for HSPA+, A-GPS, Bluetooth 2.1, and an 8-megapixel camera that comes complete with a burst function that takes 10 photos in under a second. The downside? It's running Gingerbread and Orange didn't mention anything about serving up Ice Cream Sandwich in time for the hot summer ahead.
It's exactly the same phone as the Xolo 900. And afaik the ICS update is "promised" for the Xolo so obviously the San Diego (Santa Clara was a better name imo) would get it too. When? No clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.