Intel's First Phone is the Xolo X900, On Sale April 23

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

22k...lol..the MRP!!! Its a Reference handset in Local Market u shud get on of those for 13k ..and thats approx a little less than 250$..well thats what most blogs put up the Actual price as....Why this price coz a dual core Tegra 2 cost as much as 16k (Micro Max A85)..so this is much cheaper...And about the Indian Market..There are a hell lot of Android & Intel Fanboys..No offence....Being a reference design it will sell well here...

rohantheneo

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
Well, the concept of Atom for a phone is really interesting! However I am from India and I know how bad the quality of Lava products really is! Till this launch the highest config they had was a 600MHz processor on a 3.2" 480x360 resolution (It had probably Adreno 200 guessing from hands-on)! I just hope that Intel brainwashed them enough about the build quality and after sale service they should provide! I would absolutely love to see this phone a success! And I really appreciate launching their processors from India!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Am I the only one at a loss as to why it didn't ALREADY come with ICS on it? What is the hold up?! Also, props to the people from and in India, through all the comments from you, I took this away from it: You are very appreciative that a release was made in your country. Sadly, that is not the case here in the states, for the most part at least. That being said, wow, you India sure has A LOT of people haha.

The ice cream sandwich is a lie.

its not so much of a lie with the nexus line of phones. google just resumed rolling out the ICS updates for the Nexus S. got mine last week. it took a while but at least the Nexus S got it. something tells me though it will be the last major update this phone will get

ang1dust

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I think its a joke. Give the worst part of the world the most high tech gadgets. I went over to India and saw them using this phone. For some reason it was being used as toilet paper. 425 dollar toilet paper. Jeeze. Errr sorry 2.2k INR toilet paper. *Bobs head to the left and right then puts more moth balls in his bag and eats a bowl of curry*

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
look at this stuff! Man, Atom SoCs seem to be pretty good...battery life just shy of the Lumia 800, seems to be best in class for an Android phone.
http://www.xolo.in/features

Edit: Drivers for win XP and 7, firmware download via the PC, awesome specs...if this thing is as good as it looks on paper, Intel is going to do pretty well with Atom.

Wish they'd send me a review copy! I'd benchmark the crap out of it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.