Intel's Letexo Will Probably Cost Around $1,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Hmmm, not quite sure. Looks too big and heavy to be a real tablet while the screen is to small (for me anyway) to be a laptop. Maybe if they make it thinner and lighter when in tablet mode i'll deal with the smaller screen when in laptop mode

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
^ lol, try some exercise other than typing and texting 24/7, you may be surprised that you can occasionally lift a 4 lb object from time to time.

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Might be the best compromise between a laptop and a tablet yet, IF they get the battery life high enough.

The 5hours minimum Intel specced for Ultrabooks is unacceptable.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]^ lol, try some exercise other than typing and texting 24/7, you may be surprised that you can occasionally lift a 4 lb object from time to time.[/citation]

Easy to make fuckin smart ass comments from behind a a computer screen aint it? I'm not overly concerned because I can see you're the smart alec type when nobody is in position to make you repeat yourself face to face. Considering you're ALSO typing on this site perhaps you should also cut out the constant typing and texting.

That being said, I stand by my comments. if this thing is indeed a tablet/laptop combo then it needs to compete with tablets as far as form factor (weight/thickness etc) when its folded it up. Now when its being used as a laptop the screen is too small for me personally but as we have seen there are plenty of people who like the netbook sized machines.

threefish

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
[citation][nom]tical2399[/nom]Easy to make fuckin smart ass comments from behind a a computer screen aint it? I'm not overly concerned because I can see you're the smart alec type when nobody is in position to make you repeat yourself face to face. Considering you're ALSO typing on this site perhaps you should also cut out the constant typing and texting.[/citation]

Time to switch to decaf.

G

No thunderbolt port no sale! and it better be the Full 2 channel/4 lane thunderbolt controller under the hood, and not that single channel/2 lane controller that is in the macbook air!

markdj

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
would love to replace my transformer with this, as long as the specs are good enough with good battery life

G

This thing sounds awesome except for the lack of thunderbolt connection. Personally don't mind the price either because it is NOT a tablet. A tablet is a simple device that does absolutely nothing outside of menial tasks for people who don't use computers for anything important. The fact that it can also be a complete laptop is what makes this a great platform. It has a full featured ulta low voltage processor and excellent graphics due to IvyBridge. An engineer and scientist can use this. They can also use this for dictation, in the field, for presentations, and for simple data entry due to its tablet interface. When they have to do work, turn it back into a laptop and due actual work. The Ultra Low voltage processor and graphics means you can probably still use it all day, but probably have to immediately plug it in afterward unlike a tablet. Still, this is a HUGE upgrade over a tablet. Definitely worth the money but doubt it ever comes down to tablet price.

It's weird that Intel is responsible for Thunderbolt, but none of its new chipsets really use it. If they wanted to make Thunderbolt a standard like HDMI or USB 3.0, all they'd have to do is put it on the chipset too.

Status
Not open for further replies.