Intel's Sandy Bridge E-Series in Q4 2011?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010

MicroCenter has i7-950's for $199. No rebate either, that's the price at the register.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
Ok this is starting to be annoying. Pick a couple sockets and stick with it for a while Intel. I dont want to buy a new motherboard every time I want a new processor.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]kinggremlin[/nom]I certainly wouldn't spend $1000 on a CPU exclusively for this purpose, but if you haven't played PS2 games at 1920x1200 with all the texture filtering and eye candy of DX11, then you are missing out on something. The graphical improvements for some games, make it feel like you are playing the game for the first time.[/citation]
Unless you have the full source code for a particular game then the graphics won't look any better on a PC emulator than they would running natively on the PS2. I suppose you think that upsampling DVD video will get you HD video too.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
[citation][nom]nodeffect[/nom]My new PC felt like an old PC because Intel update their chips so frequently... Bought an i7 and after one month the sandy bride came out and now this.. damn intel...[/citation]

Moore's Law is alive and well, the question remains, will you ride each wave, or will you surf only the big ones?

G

extreme edition > $1000 procie is for sheikh, bill gates, trump family only HUAHAHAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.