News Intel's Sapphire Rapids Delayed Yet Again

waltc3

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
I find this article hilarious in its timing, right after the "Nvidia Switches Gears, Choose Sapphire Rapids over AMD EPYC" article. :)

Exactly my thought...nVidia chose Saph Rapids because the production date is still in the future, and uncertain...providing nVidia with plenty of time--no rush...;) We're getting a lot of vaporware advertising lately!

Tell the truth, who doesn't figure validation into its production schedule? Everybody does that, and few ever speak of it, in fact. I'm not sure why Intel decided to do that, as it's fairly lame as delay excuses go...but validation for custom OEM uses could take a lot of time. A lot. I guess Intel wants to ease into the delay situation, this time...The rest of the year is shaping up to be interesting...no surprise there.

Jun 9, 2022
I expected as much. What with that wing-nut, christian evangelist Gelsinger running Intel, they don't have much going for them. It'll be a long, long time before they catch up up with TMSC, et al.

adamboy64

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I expected as much. What with that wing-nut, christian evangelist Gelsinger running Intel, they don't have much going for them. It'll be a long, long time before they catch up up with TMSC, et al.
How are Gelsinger's religious views possibly related to the delaying of Sapphire Rapids?

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
Is this Sandra R statement the basis of the subsequent rumors about SPR being delayed until q2 2023? Was there any subsequent statement by Intel reps?