Intel's Windows FCU Graphics Driver Update Brings HDR, XR Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a feeling my Intel® HD Graphics 530 won't be able to play Crysis in VR.

I guess I will have to settle for a health bar in the top left corner of my vision.

Maybe add Level (Age), Food, Ammunition, Mana and Power Level.

Tanyac

Reputable
So, still no UHD HDR support for discrete graphics cards? It's just plain dumb to have to run two HDMI cables to my TV, one from the iGPU and one from my GTX 1070 for 1080p and 2160 HDR content..

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

I do basically the same thing, and it's not so bad.

My A/V receiver has two outputs and my TV allows me to enable low-latency "game mode" on a per-input basis. So, one of my receiver's outputs goes to the TV's input with game mode enabled, and the other goes to the input in movie mode. When I switch between games and movies, I switch inputs on the TV. This is easier than going through the menus and enabling/disabling game mode, every time. The benefit of movie mode is better de-interlacing and other picture enhancements that I don't want to forego.

Tanyac

Reputable

My receiver is built into my Blu-ray player, which is 3D and connected to a 4K 3D TV. My PC has a 4K cable going to the TV. I have a Pioneer BDR-211EBK for 4K playback, which I have yet to get working. So one HDMI from the iGPU, and another from the GTX 1070 Strix. Then I have a 4K cable going from the Receiver/Player to play 3D discs from there.

As I back up my discs and store them offsite, I often run into Problems with Cinavia, requiring the use of WinDVD 12 and AnyDVD HD to play those discs. Iegally own every movie I have.

This is way too complicated. I should just have one device that connects to the TV with one cable and everything work.

As Aaronb72 observed, were have the technology for this day and age. The problem is the media/entertainment cartels who are trying to make everything as difficult as possible. And as I said, that's just plain stupid.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador

Maybe you're too demanding? A lot of people have simple solutions that "just work" for them, but you've added a lot of requirements and constraints. If you want a simple solution, then try simplifying the problem.

I feel you, especially with the Cinavia issues. I just watch everything straight from disc, but I actually think we take it for granted that we can even get content on discs. I'm sure there's already plenty of content that's streaming-only. And this will only increase, over time. There will probably never be an 8k disc format, or one for VR movies, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.