News Intel's Xeon W9-3495X Can Draw 1,900W of Power

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not sure why there's all this talk about efficiency. It was a world record overclock attempt with LN2.
Exactly.

Lately, efficiency is a sensitive topic and some people tend to get triggered. Then, others have to chime in and work an agenda. Before you know it, we're fully derailed.

I can tell you the reason I was interested in W/core was basically out of curiosity in how it compared on that front with desktop CPUs at peak turbo. That's relevant, because it could indicate whether there might be any more headroom for someone to clock it even higher.

Last edited:

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Exactly.

Lately, efficiency is a sensitive topic and some people tend to get triggered. Then, others have to chime in and work an agenda. Before you know it, we're fully derailed.

I can tell you the reason I was interested in W/core was basically out of curiosity in how it compared on that front with desktop CPUs at peak turbo. That's relevant, because it could indicate whether there might be any more headroom for someone to clock it even higher.
6GHz on all 56 cores perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.