Interest for Surface RT Dropped After Launch, Study Reveals

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm still not really interested in the tablet market. I am a little tempted by the Surface Pro since it can run x86 apps, but the price is definitely a bit high.

hannibal

Distinguished
Yep there has to be cheap atom based surface pro in the market and maybe some AMD APU based too. So there would be those expensive models and cheaper models in the market. Now MS wonder why "ferrari" priced items does not move as fast from shelves as they would like it happen...
Both RT and Pro models have good hardware and full office paket with them... Basic office paked is from 199.99$ (student) to 149.99$... Its huge amount of money in tablet, even it is in discount?

[citation][nom]g00fysmiley[/nom]T was excisted abotu a m$ tablet.. then price annoounced and i laughed.. at 299 i would have bought 2 one for me and the wife. at $399 we would have bought one and seen who liked it the most... at $499 sorry but compared to other things on the market the m$$ tablt was just ... bad[/citation]
Considering how costly Office is, and the fact that no other tablet on the market can do Office type stuff, I don't see it as that expensive. Sure, I wouldn't by it just for play, but if I wanted to have productivity abilities on my tablet, there is no other option, other than their partner Win 8 devices.

banaanc

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
price and screen quality are the biggest issues with surface for me, really like the idea, cause it fits perfectly between smartphone and desktop, would be great for studying where i cant take my desktop and phone isnt enough

jabliese

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Kyuuketsuki[/nom]No, but apparently there are still idiots who think that anyone who likes a platform besides their own is a "shill" or "fanboy".[/citation]
I am curious why you think Microsoft marketing would be against paying people to post positive comments on pre-release products, as you seem to think Microsoft shills do not exist.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
[citation][nom]jabliese[/nom]I am curious why you think Microsoft marketing would be against paying people to post positive comments on pre-release products, as you seem to think Microsoft shills do not exist.[/citation]

Just because something exists does mean it's a rampant problem. Add also, the lack of "shills" here indicates they were not paid for their bias opinion or they'd be here try to save the surface's face. I thoroughly enjoy Windows 8 and have been more than interested in the tablet despite the price. I love how people will say "Oh no one will purchase it, it's $499!" yet people were purchasing the PS3 when it launched at a cool $2000, courtesy of ebay sellers. Yes, I saw that with my own eyes the day of launch while I was at work. The average consumer is a damn retard.

For just entering the Tablet market a 21% standpoint isn't bad. If this article has any proof behind it (which I doubt, considering Tom's article quality lately) that's still no reason for developers to lose interest or not have any interest at all in the Surface, it just sounds like those shitty cellphone app designers will lose their position because the surface offers Laptop level computing on a Tablet device, which means people will be more interested in full games instead of Angry Birds.

This article, while the statistics may be true, the rest is pure speculation and garbage if you ask me. I'm beginning to think at this point that Tom's team just googles a random phrase like "Apple Lawsuit" or "Google Maps" or MSFT Surface sucks lolololol" and write an article based on the first search result.

Back to your comment though, no. Just because someone likes something you don't doesn't mean they're anything but a consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.