Interest/ Price Check: EVGA SR-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterIsLonely

Reputable
May 1, 2015
I Have an SR-2 that's been sitting in my closet for forever. It's basically brand new, I took it out of the box when I first got it just to make sure that it booted, was only able to test it with 1 cpu and 3 sticks of ram, but it booted to bios fine. After that I put it back in the box and put it in my closet, it should come with all the accessories unless I grabbed some stuff I could have used in other builds while it was out.

Don't really want to sell it, but if I could get a decent amount for it I would. Was originally going to use it for my main overkill rig, but things changed and couldn't really spend more money on it. It's older now, but still plenty capable.

Current eBay listings are about $1k, sold listings are around $300-$500 all used/refurbed. I was thinking $500-$600 would be a fair price based on condition, thoughts?

I don't know if I need to post a picture since this isn't really a "for sale" thread, all the other threads asking for prices I've seen usually don't.

Solution
D
Very niche market and its a obsolete platform. Amazing motherboard though but it is out preformed by a lot less costing cpus.

Someone would have to have a specific reason to want this. I also have to say from reading into these years ago they have a very high failure rate due to what it is and the complexity for the time it was designed.

I would say list in on eBay at the same price they have sold for in the past. Be careful who you sell it to though as most people will have no idea what they are doing with this motherboard.

As for yours being like new in the closet you may know that but honestly unless you are selling to someone who knows you and trust your word it doesn't matter it's just another used motherboard to anyone else...
D

Deleted member 362816

Very niche market and its a obsolete platform. Amazing motherboard though but it is out preformed by a lot less costing cpus.

Someone would have to have a specific reason to want this. I also have to say from reading into these years ago they have a very high failure rate due to what it is and the complexity for the time it was designed.

I would say list in on eBay at the same price they have sold for in the past. Be careful who you sell it to though as most people will have no idea what they are doing with this motherboard.

As for yours being like new in the closet you may know that but honestly unless you are selling to someone who knows you and trust your word it doesn't matter it's just another used motherboard to anyone else who is looking to buy it. I am sure the only people buying these at that price are people who already have the cpus and their's died.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.