[SOLVED] Internal storage drive problem

Dec 22, 2020
This is my first visit to Tom’s Hardware and first post. I am 90 years old and my brain no longer works like it should. Can’t remember names of things.

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 with an SSD 500GB drive. The drive has been set up with two equal partitions, one for Windows10 and one for Windows7. I installed a 6TB internal hard drive that is now slightly over half full. My problem is that it is only accessible on Win10 and not on Win7. At the present time I am using a 6TB external drive for my data from Win7, but I would much prefer to use the internal hard drive for both operating systems. Is this possible, and if so how do I go about doing this?

Solution
This is my first visit to Tom’s Hardware and first post. I am 90 years old and my brain no longer works like it should. Can’t remember names of things.

I have a Dell Optiplex 9020 with an SSD 500GB drive. The drive has been set up with two equal partitions, one for Windows10 and one for Windows7. I installed a 6TB internal hard drive that is now slightly over half full. My problem is that it is only accessible on Win10 and not on Win7. At the present time I am using a 6TB external drive for my data from Win7, but I would much prefer to use the internal hard drive for both operating systems. Is this possible, and if so how do I go about doing this?
When you say "only accessible on Win10 and not on Win7" what do you mean, can't...

When you say "only accessible on Win10 and not on Win7" what do you mean, can't access it from File explorer ?
In W7 go to Run and type "diskmgmt.msc" and see if disk is there and if it has a letter assigned to it. If not assign a letter to it, any letter not assigned to a drive partition yet.

Solution