[SOLVED] Internet and dns problem.

Solution
DNS is a server on the internet. Maybe someone could tell your ISP if you published one of the ones they give to their customers. Most do not really care if someone else uses their DNS server since the load is minimal and there are public servers like google that are much larger and faster than the ISP ones.

Now if you had your own DNS server in your house but that is not a realistic option since the server itself is the easy part getting all the domains and ip addresses assigned to your and registers is hard.

The only IP that really is sensitive is the one they assign to your wan port. Then again all you get is some idiot who will run denial of service attacks against it. Since your router runs NAT any attempt to hack your...
Since it appears you have little knowledge in this area the simple answer is to set the DNS in the end device. Using 8.8.8.8 tends to be a good choice because it is google dns which tends to have better performance than even the DNS servers the ISP provides.

Feb 2, 2020
Since it appears you have little knowledge in this area the simple answer is to set the DNS in the end device. Using 8.8.8.8 tends to be a good choice because it is google dns which tends to have better performance than even the DNS servers the ISP provides.
ok...but is this all safe, did I change something bad...and can i leave it like this, is this ok,is this dns safe that is currently ?

Feb 2, 2020
You can use whatever DNS server you like. All the DNS does is convert the "WWW.???.???.com to a IP address. All the really matters is does it perform well for you. There is some concern that google will track dns but then again do does your ISP and that is generally the default ones people use.
But is DNS that was before safe. And is it safe if I tell somebody that DNS.? Can somebody hack me or they need IP address.?

DNS is a server on the internet. Maybe someone could tell your ISP if you published one of the ones they give to their customers. Most do not really care if someone else uses their DNS server since the load is minimal and there are public servers like google that are much larger and faster than the ISP ones.

Now if you had your own DNS server in your house but that is not a realistic option since the server itself is the easy part getting all the domains and ip addresses assigned to your and registers is hard.

The only IP that really is sensitive is the one they assign to your wan port. Then again all you get is some idiot who will run denial of service attacks against it. Since your router runs NAT any attempt to hack your internal machines will not get past the router. The router is to dumb to know which machine to send the hackers traffic to so it just discards it.

Solution
Feb 2, 2020
Also, is it possible to hack your WiFi. Can malware from devices that WiFi is connected to hack router(or modem, I don't know differences) or transfer to other devices.

Wifi encryption itself is pretty secure. The WPS feature on many routers though can be easily cracked and it gives them you wifi password. You want to make sure this feature is disabled.

Still someone has to be very close to hack your wifi and most people are lazy. It is a business that would have much more concerns.

Even if someone would get into your network on wifi your machines firewall has pretty good default protection. There really is not much incentive to hack a home users pc, lots of effort and not likely any money to be made. Mostlyit is kids who are trying to hack their neighbors wifi not to attack the machines but just to get unfiltered internet access that their parents have prevented.

Reactions: dino477

TRENDING THREADS